University of Utah 2021-2022 Cycle

20 minutes ago, AZParamedic2PA said:

@Moshie I feel like it went great, minus one question about my transcripts. I walked away saying " I nailed this" BUT... now I am questioning everything.  (This was also my first ever interview...)

Wishing you lots of luck!

I’m so sure you’ll get in!!! Now we just have to distract ourselves until we hear something haha 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, FuturePAmomof3 said:

Congratulations! Was this your first interviewing with the UPAP?

No, third interview there! It’s been a long three years! 

3 minutes ago, Zildjian311 said:

Ya I got my denial as well and I couldn't agree with you more. I got more questions about inclusion, diversity, and homelessness issues and not even WHY I wanted to be a PA, what is my plan to succeed in PA school, tell me about your path and how hard you worked to get here, nothing. I don't see how that's indicitive of how well I would succeed in PA school, But congrats to everyone else that got accepted! Best of luck to you all. 👍

I think that’s something extremely unique about UPAP. They really are mission driven to serve under represented minorities. I also interviewed at Rush University and I agree the questions were much more focused on diversity and inclusion. Personally, this fits my goals perfectly. I wish everyone good luck with the rest of your PA journeys! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, HopefulPA0909 said:

REJECTED after interview. Kind of feel relieved. I was so excited about Utah but after being asked questions about BLM movement, george floyd, and other political jests, I only felt disappointment. I was never even asked WHY I want to be a PA...I suppose I was not meant to be there 🙂 Good luck to all!

That’s interesting because I didn’t receive any of those questions! I’m sorry that you didn’t get the chance to express why you wanted to be a PA. That was one of the most frustrating things for me about some of my other interviews- I felt like I didn’t even get a chance to show myself, resulting in rejection. I feel lucky that this time, I really got the chance to tell them why I was a good fit. Best of luck, I am sure you will get into the program that you are meant to be in!

• Thanks 1

Also received a rejection letter. Man, I felt like my interviews went amazing too and that I was a perfect fit for their mission & values. For re-applicants, what did you guys do between years? How did you strengthen your applications? I know UPAP doesn't offer feedback to applicants, but I'm lost between wondering if I need to get more advanced coursework or work on interviewing skills or something else???

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Laine said:

Excited to meet my future classmates in May! 😄 I got accepted for the SLC campus. Would anyone like to connect? I can start a GroupMe community. 

I would be down for that. I know myself and Nate are both going to the St. George campus but we will be communicating through our courses. Major congrats to you!!!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Laine said:

Excited to meet my future classmates in May! 😄 I got accepted for the SLC campus. Would anyone like to connect? I can start a GroupMe community. 

I would love to join as well!

On 11/23/2021 at 7:04 AM, JonesNtoBPA said:

Also received a rejection letter. Man, I felt like my interviews went amazing too and that I was a perfect fit for their mission & values. For re-applicants, what did you guys do between years? How did you strengthen your applications? I know UPAP doesn't offer feedback to applicants, but I'm lost between wondering if I need to get more advanced coursework or work on interviewing skills or something else???

If you have any bad grades, retake some classes to show them you can handle difficult coursework. I got experience in different fields and got a job at a clinic working with underserved minorities. I feel like the experiences I've gained working with URM was really was pushed me over the edge. It strengthened my personal mission and really showed me that UPAP was the perfect program for me. 

I DEFINITELY recommend working on interviewing skills. The first year I applied I did one mock interview with a PA, the second year I did none, and this year I did 1 mock with the PA platform, 1 mock with @Latina_PA_S on Instagram, and 2 mock interviews with PAs that I work with. I think the extra preparation really helped me. But the biggest thing they want is to know that you fit their mission, that you're not gonna go work in cosmetics derm at some med spa. They want students who will dedicate themselves to serving URM and you've just gotta show them you're that student. Best of luck in future applications 🙂 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 10:53 AM, Sashafierce88 said:

I received an early acceptance on November 17, but have not yet received the letter in the mail to sign and email back to Doris Dalton. Has anyone else not received their letter via post yet?

On 11/24/2021 at 1:57 PM, chasingthePAdream said:

I still haven’t received anything. Hoping to receive it soon

I haven’t received a letter and I am about to leave town, so I’m planning reaching out to Doris to handle it electronically..