University of Utah 2021-2022 Cycle

21 hours ago, kzwija2 said:

Can someone tell me the differences between the Salt Lake City and St. George campus? I understand the academics should be identical but I'm just wondering if there are any specific differences 🙂

The two places are very geographically different. Salt Lake you're going to get 4 seasons with quite a bit of snow in the winter. Its a large university with a teaching hospital, so likely if you're at the UofU hospital you'll be interacting with med students and residents. Its also a much larger city with more medical practices so there *may be more options for specialized rotations. St. George is more desert-ish, dryer and warmer year-round, though I have seen some snow flurries. the university that houses the program is smaller, as is the city. Still lots of fun things to do, still the same top notch program (I assume), just very different locations. Also, if you haven't looked on google maps, there's about 6hrs of driving distance between the two places.

• Like 1

Hi. I submitted on 5/25, now it's a long waiting game. Good luck to everyone. 

I live in small town 40 min away from the St. George campus. The PA students in the program I have talked to while volunteering at a clinic, state they have no problems with clinical rotations. They seem to think both programs are identical. When speaking with a friend that lives in Salt Lake we think housing is probably the same both locations. The whole state is full of great places to get out in nature to hike and relax. It snows maybe once a year in St. George, but it's only 45 minutes away from places that snow quite a bit and 1 1/2 hours from a ski resort. But it does get really hot in the summer. Summer lightning storms are the best! 

• Like 3

On 5/28/2021 at 12:17 AM, Ssrineedanap said:

Hey everyone it's my first time applying here! Excited to meet everyone. Is there anyone applying from out of state? I'm in Iowa!

Hey! I'm from Minnesota, and it is also my first time applying there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone! 

Wanted to get some insight on this. When applying to University of Utah, it says on their website for Summer 2021 coursework "You must submit the CASPA application by August 1st, and you must enter a grade for the summer course, even if the course has not yet ended". I had Physiology in progress and the class will be done July 18th, but CASPA, since it was inputted as a class in progress, did not allow me to input a projected grade into the course. CASPA has received my official transcripts but I was going to change any in progress courses to completed after finishing them over the first summer session and resending updated official transcripts from the college. Do you guys think CASPA will be able to input a projected grade for me if I contact them and tell them of the technical matter? I finished my CASPER test and everything else and have it all submitted so I don't want any problems with my application because of this. Any input would be appreciated! I am also open to emailing them and letting them know of the matter. 

30 minutes ago, ARPA2024 said:

@Ssrineedanap
I was notified by UPAP that they recieved my application and my Casper results. I took my Casper on 6/3. I think I saw you post in the Medex forum. I also recieved the same notification from them.

@ARPA2024

What did you think of the Casper test? I didn't find it particularly difficult, just odd. I really did not like the snap shot. 😭

2 minutes ago, Aarti said:

@ARPA2024 Hi, I just took my CASPer test last week. I know some schools don’t require you to take snapshots and some schools would not even look at snapshots so I was wondering if you know if we are required to take it. 

Yes, University of Utah requires Snapshot.

• 2 weeks later...

Received the following email today (7-14)

Your CASPA application has been verified and your CASPer test score has been received. There is no supplemental application required, and your application is now under review.

Please note that we do not utilize a rolling admissions process. Therefore, you will not hear from us again until we have completed application review for the entire applicant pool. Interview status notifications will be sent via e-mail in mid-October. Please do not send updates: your application will not be reviewed a second time, if new information is offered. 

If invited to interview with us in November, you must attend your assigned interview date in-person, pending safety standards related to the COVID-19 status at the time. Interviews will otherwise take place via videoconferencing.

Thank you for your interest in our program.  

University of Utah Physician Assistant Program "

• Like 1