2021-2022 cycle

2 hours ago, zelolover said:

That’s awesome! Congrats!! Any tips for the interview? Mine is tomorrow!

I've done terrible in interviews in the past. It's actually what kept me out last year. I really and I mean really prepared for this interview this time around. I used how to ace the pa school interview by Andrew rodican. I highly recommend it. All my answers were my own and I definitely tailored my whole interview towards my strengths but that book just helped me frame the way that I answered questions in the interview and frame the way that I look at the interview process itself. 

In short it's about them it's not about you. Also look at their website and try to find the qualities that they want in an applicant and try to think of ways that you are a good fit within that paradigm. Try to think of success stories along those lines as well. By the time you get to the interview it's no longer about your stats your accomplishments etc. and don't try to make it about that. Try to make it about how you and your values fit well with the school you are applying to. I hope this helps although to be honest I don't know how qualified I am to give advice. I am 1/4 on interviews counting last year. I did absolutely get in where I wanted to though. Irregardless good luck.

Edited by cbull

22 hours ago, cbull said:

I got an acceptance email today. After applying last year and not getting in its an incredible feeling.

Interviewed July 7

Congratulations! I also got accepted yesterday. Did you receive the formal acceptance letter through email yet? I haven't gotten it

2 hours ago, PAMFS said:

Congratulations! I also got accepted yesterday. Did you receive the formal acceptance letter through email yet? I haven't gotten it

No I haven't gotten it yet. I looked at the forum from last year and it seemed like they took a while. So I wouldn't worry about it.

On 7/19/2021 at 8:37 PM, cbull said:

I've done terrible in interviews in the past. It's actually what kept me out last year. I really and I mean really prepared for this interview this time around. I used how to ace the pa school interview by Andrew rodican. I highly recommend it. All my answers were my own and I definitely tailored my whole interview towards my strengths but that book just helped me frame the way that I answered questions in the interview and frame the way that I look at the interview process itself. 

In short it's about them it's not about you. Also look at their website and try to find the qualities that they want in an applicant and try to think of ways that you are a good fit within that paradigm. Try to think of success stories along those lines as well. By the time you get to the interview it's no longer about your stats your accomplishments etc. and don't try to make it about that. Try to make it about how you and your values fit well with the school you are applying to. I hope this helps although to be honest I don't know how qualified I am to give advice. I am 1/4 on interviews counting last year. I did absolutely get in where I wanted to though. Irregardless good luck.

Thank you for the tips! I had my interview yesterday and it wasn’t too bad but also I didn't feel as outstanding as I wanted to. Hopefully I hear some good news in a week or two and congrats to everybody for their acceptances!

Edited by zelolover

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I received an invite to interview with Salus. After spending the greater part of my morning weighing my options, I decided to decline the invite!

For those who are wondering... the interview dates seem to be on Wednesdays at 9am throughout September and October. The following dates were available for self-scheduling 9/8, 9/22, and all four Wednesdays in October. Good luck everyone 🙂

On 8/4/2021 at 3:52 PM, zelolover said:

They just sent me an email saying they could not make an admissions decision for me because I did not attend the program overview, when I did... very confused on what happened.

What is the program overview? I hears Salus holds two day interviews where there is an information session to attend on Monday in addition to the scheduled interview date. But I have not received much information regarding this. Any help is much appreciated.

On 8/19/2021 at 10:15 PM, fancypants said:

for those who interviewed, was it more casual and typical interview questions rather than MMI?? I'm afraid of being asked super random questions 😕  thanks 

The interview was super casual and friendly! It was more like a conversation with a few typical questions sprinkled in. I would be prepared to talk about the information in your app and answer traditional questions.

15 minutes ago, strawberry9090 said:

What is the program overview? I hears Salus holds two day interviews where there is an information session to attend on Monday in addition to the scheduled interview date. But I have not received much information regarding this. Any help is much appreciated.

The overview is a mandatory ~2 hr zoom usually held on the monday before your interview. The first hour is a program overview and the second part is a current students Q&A. It was pretty laidback