29 minutes ago, Morgan35 said:

Oh I get it. I was so disappointed. The labs 100% have to be face to face. I believe it was 50% of the class had to be face to face. I would have them clarify it though.

I took them in saddleback college and our camera was on all the time . If I knew thats the Case, I wouldnt waste my time and money lol 

Hi all, I am debating on submitting my application to LLU soon. I live close and that is extremely important to me. My question is just how religious is this school? I am not very religious, (Catholic/Christian if anything) but not much. Is it even worth applying here? I don't want to pay and waste resources if it's just not going to be a good fit. Anyone with some insight to this? Thanks

1 hour ago, CassieM said:

Hi all, I am debating on submitting my application to LLU soon. I live close and that is extremely important to me. My question is just how religious is this school? I am not very religious, (Catholic/Christian if anything) but not much. Is it even worth applying here? I don't want to pay and waste resources if it's just not going to be a good fit. Anyone with some insight to this? Thanks

Hey Cassie! I can at least give you some of the supplemental app questions that to me indicated how religious the school is - to be honest, I almost didn't submit the supplemental, I was a bit shocked at how intense the questions were. I'm not currently religious, though I was raised Christian. I didn't feel right pretending to be, even though I know all the right things to say, so I just wrote honest essays about how I lost my faith. Hopefully they see that as authentic, and if they're only looking for religious students, they may pass me up. I will say though, sounds like chapel is mandatory (not sure how often), and they do have a fairly strict lifestyle agreement with regard to drinking/smoking etc, which may be a turn off to some, regardless of whether or not they're religious. 

Here are some of the more intense Qs from the supplemental app: 

"Discuss how your spiritual origins, development, and experience have influenced and been integrated into your daily life"

"LLU believes deeply in integrating spiritual values into the educational experience. As a result, religion courses and chapel attendance are part of the curriculum. Tell us why you believe such a faith-based education would be of special benefit to you."

"As a Seventh-day Adventist institution, Loma Linda University has lifestyle expectations which include abstinence from alcohol, tobacco and illicit drugs/substances in all forms while enrolled. If you are accepted to Loma Linda University, are you willing to abide by the lifestyle policies of the University (http://www.llu.edu/central/apply/lifestyle.page) while enrolled?"

Here's a reddit thread I found that was helpful to me, it's from a med student but my assumption is that the same things apply to the PA program. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/premed/comments/8x420m/im_ms3_at_loma_linda_university_school_of/

Hope this helps!

2 hours ago, FromATCtoPAC said:

Hey Cassie! I can at least give you some of the supplemental app questions that to me indicated how religious the school is - to be honest, I almost didn't submit the supplemental, I was a bit shocked at how intense the questions were. I'm not currently religious, though I was raised Christian. I didn't feel right pretending to be, even though I know all the right things to say, so I just wrote honest essays about how I lost my faith. Hopefully they see that as authentic, and if they're only looking for religious students, they may pass me up. I will say though, sounds like chapel is mandatory (not sure how often), and they do have a fairly strict lifestyle agreement with regard to drinking/smoking etc, which may be a turn off to some, regardless of whether or not they're religious. 

"Discuss how your spiritual origins, development, and experience have influenced and been integrated into your daily life"

"LLU believes deeply in integrating spiritual values into the educational experience. As a result, religion courses and chapel attendance are part of the curriculum. Tell us why you believe such a faith-based education would be of special benefit to you."

"As a Seventh-day Adventist institution, Loma Linda University has lifestyle expectations which include abstinence from alcohol, tobacco and illicit drugs/substances in all forms while enrolled. If you are accepted to Loma Linda University, are you willing to abide by the lifestyle policies of the University (http://www.llu.edu/central/apply/lifestyle.page) while enrolled?"

Here's a reddit thread I found that was helpful to me, it's from a med student but my assumption is that the same things apply to the PA program. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/premed/comments/8x420m/im_ms3_at_loma_linda_university_school_of/

Hope this helps!

Does everyone get emailed a supplemental application? Or is that considered the next step in their admissions process? 

21 hours ago, Rosaaa said:

Ok. So it's not really anything important, like the next step to consideration for an interview?

If I understand your question correctly, yes, it seems that the supplemental invitation is not necessarily an indication of your strength as an applicant, but rather the next hurdle before your app can go to the admissions committee.

1 hour ago, noname2 said:

No, I just got the letter today. Any suggestions on how I format an email asking why I wasn’t invited for an interview? This is my first cycle so I’m unfamiliar with this all.

Maybe if you send them an email telling them you are really interested in their program and you need their feedback then you can work on your application and make it stronger for next cycle 

On 8/10/2021 at 4:29 PM, FromATCtoPAC said:

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much. That definitely helps to clarify. It does seem pretty religious based and may not fit my particular lifestyle. Best of luck to you!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sanaz said:

Hi everyone, 

did anybody hear back from loma linda. I took chem 1 online and I dont know if they want me to retake it or they would accept, I havent heard anything back yet. I submitted my supplemental almost 2 month ago 😞

I received a formal rejection letter in the mail today. 

54 minutes ago, sanaz said:

Im sorry to hear that 😞

do you mind if i ask you when did you submit your supplemental? And if you know why got rejected?

Supplemental submitted 7/2/21.

No problem. I’m not sure why I got rejected since the letters are generic, but I kinda had a feeling I wouldn’t get an interview per past experiences. So I think it was 2 cycles ago I had applied to LLU and heard back from them shortly after submitting my app. They wanted to follow up on some work experience. The person was also like “oh by the way, you dont fulfill our physiology prereqs, are you going to take them?” Well my degree is in physiology and have taken about 4-5 phys courses, so I had the person look into why I didn’t meet the prereqs. Long story short, they didn’t get back to me until I had already received a rejection and they just said that the courses were too specific. Anyways the reason I applied again this year was hoping someone else would review my app and make a different decision hahah but I would imagine the reason for this years rejection is similar to the last one, idk. 

38 minutes ago, LTG515 said:

Supplemental submitted 7/2/21.

No problem. I’m not sure why I got rejected since the letters are generic, but I kinda had a feeling I wouldn’t get an interview per past experiences. So I think it was 2 cycles ago I had applied to LLU and heard back from them shortly after submitting my app. They wanted to follow up on some work experience. The person was also like “oh by the way, you dont fulfill our physiology prereqs, are you going to take them?” Well my degree is in physiology and have taken about 4-5 phys courses, so I had the person look into why I didn’t meet the prereqs. Long story short, they didn’t get back to me until I had already received a rejection and they just said that the courses were too specific. Anyways the reason I applied again this year was hoping someone else would review my app and make a different decision hahah but I would imagine the reason for this years rejection is similar to the last one, idk. 

I know I have a feeling that I will get rejection letter soon as well lol

i took some courses online due to covid which I beleive loma linda wont accept online courses . I only was able to apply to 2 school and loma linda is one of them , 😢