Yes, I also had this issue. I took my second Gen Chem course last semester (100 %online lab and lecture) and they said they do not accept any prerequisite that is fully online. I tried to explain that in Alameda county, no schools were allowed to have in-person classes but LLU did not budge. To resolve this issue I had to sign up for an Organic Chemistry course and prove that the course was 100% in-person.

After sending a transcript with this course in progress, they gave me a call for an interview so you may be getting a call soon!! Best of luck and I hope this helps. 

On 7/4/2021 at 3:43 PM, mari09 said:

how long did it take for most people to receive the secondary? I submitted about 5 days ago and haven't heard anything 😞 not sure if I should be worried or not!

I believe it took me about a week after submission to receive mine - try waiting a few more days. Good luck, hope you receive yours as well! 😊

On 7/2/2021 at 4:05 PM, JManrique1 said:

Yes, I also had this issue. I took my second Gen Chem course last semester (100 %online lab and lecture) and they said they do not accept any prerequisite that is fully online. I tried to explain that in Alameda county, no schools were allowed to have in-person classes but LLU did not budge. To resolve this issue I had to sign up for an Organic Chemistry course and prove that the course was 100% in-person.

After sending a transcript with this course in progress, they gave me a call for an interview so you may be getting a call soon!! Best of luck and I hope this helps. 

I see, so there really is no room for negotiation. They've asked me to retake two of my courses, but I live in LA county where the majority of classes remain online.

May I ask you a question? Is LLU your top choice school? I'm stumped on whether I should retake my courses just for LLU or if I should wait to see how other schools determine my status. Any feedback would be great, thanks! PS. By the looks of it, you and I have similar stats! 

Edited by pacarranza

Initially when I saw their stats for number of CASPA apps vs. Supplemental apps I assumed that this meant only about half of CASPA applicants received a supplemental application invitation. 

However, their program brochure (https://alliedhealth.llu.edu/sites/alliedhealth.llu.edu/files/2021-06/pa21_0.pdf) states that "Once the CASPA application is verified, all applicants will be provided with a link to a supplemental application". 

All that to say, if you applied on CASPA but never got a supplemental app email, I think that might be a mistake, rather than you not "making the cut"! 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, gavnj said:

Initially when I saw their stats for number of CASPA apps vs. Supplemental apps I assumed that this meant only about half of CASPA applicants received a supplemental application invitation. 

However, their program brochure (https://alliedhealth.llu.edu/sites/alliedhealth.llu.edu/files/2021-06/pa21_0.pdf) states that "Once the CASPA application is verified, all applicants will be provided with a link to a supplemental application". 

All that to say, if you applied on CASPA but never got a supplemental app email, I think that might be a mistake, rather than you not "making the cut"! 

Interesting! Then I wonder what the reason behind the discrepancy between # of applicants and # of supplemental applications is. Maybe some applicants don’t meet the minimum requirements (thus disqualifying them from supplemental app) or certain applicants just don’t fill out the supplemental? 

Regardless, thanks for letting us know!

7 minutes ago, bobafiend said:

Interesting! Then I wonder what the reason behind the discrepancy between # of applicants and # of supplemental applications is. Maybe some applicants don’t meet the minimum requirements (thus disqualifying them from supplemental app) or certain applicants just don’t fill out the supplemental? 

Regardless, thanks for letting us know!

No problem! I just was reading the brochure today and saw that sentence and thought it was odd! My theory (although I don't know why this would weed out over half!) is that there's a lot of applicants who know it's a religious school but are surprised at just HOW religious (chapel, lifestyle agreement, etc), so they decide not to proceed with submitting the supplemental, OR they miss the 15 day deadline to complete it. The supplemental questions/essays are a doozy so I can see how easy it would be to cut it close to that 15 days!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Andrea95 said:

Sure!

Degree GPA: 3.55

Sci GPA: 3.35

Prereq Sci GPA: 3.68

PCE: 6,500+ hrs as an EMT & ED Tech

Volunteer: 1,000+ hrs hospital volunteer, food bank, teacher assistant 

PA, NP, & MD shadowing: 140 hrs

Letter of Rec: PA, MD, charge nurse, professor, & a supervisor 

Thank you so much 😊 good luck for interview 

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2021 at 8:17 PM, Morgan35 said:

I did during Covid as everything was online. I had to re-take it before I could re-apply this year. That class actually kept me from applying in 2020.

I took chem 1 online and some part of physiology as well, do you think they would reject me? or they would ask to retake them? it s alot 😞