2021-2022 application cycle

7 hours ago, ivyriz said:

Can someone please explain to me the travel rotations idea? I was under the impression that there was the opportunity to travel for clinicals, but confused on whether that is the only option? I agree financially that sucks, but I wonder if it's an opportunity to see other places to network and get a job through!  

Students are required to do their rotations in different parts of the country. During the interview it was mentioned that you might have 2 out of 9 rotations in the state of Oregon. Therefore, 7 of your rotations have to be in other states. There is the opportunity to do 1 clinical rotation abroad, but going abroad is optional. They try to place you where you have support, such as family or friends that you could live with during those 6 or 12 weeks of your rotation. For example, if you have family in California you can mention that to the clinical rotation coordinator and she will try and find an option for you in California. Although, it is not guaranteed. I hope that answered your question.

12 hours ago, pacificUhopeful said:

Students are required to do their rotations in different parts of the country. During the interview it was mentioned that you might have 2 out of 9 rotations in the state of Oregon. Therefore, 7 of your rotations have to be in other states. There is the opportunity to do 1 clinical rotation abroad, but going abroad is optional. They try to place you where you have support, such as family or friends that you could live with during those 6 or 12 weeks of your rotation. For example, if you have family in California you can mention that to the clinical rotation coordinator and she will try and find an option for you in California. Although, it is not guaranteed. I hope that answered your question.

This helped tremendously thank you!

1 hour ago, abbysolo said:

Just got an email that I've been waitlisted and I'm #15. Pretty nerve-wracking as it seems like the waitlist can barely move some years but can move quite a lot other years 😬

Haha I’m #103, I decided pacific was off my list before I even heard because of the travel program and my other acceptances but now I know for sure we won’t make it😂

Guest pompomcooky

Hi everyone. I was accepted today. It's def one of my last choices out of the schools I interviewed too but sadly most of the schools won't get back to me until after the deposit deadline. 😞 But hold on to hope yall. 

I also interviewed in October and was placed on committee hold, but was just accepted today. It was my top choice, so I made my deposit to secure my seat in the class. To all of those on the waitlist, good luck! From past years it sounds like the waitlist can move quickly, so don't lose hope! I would also love to start a group chat for those that accepted their seat!

Hello fellow future PAs! I'm a current didactic student at Pacific. 

Congratulations to those accepted! It is an awesome program and I am genuinely so grateful to be a part of it. I wanted to give a bit of hope to those who were waitlisted, because I know how incredibly hard this process can be. For reference, I was waitlisted last year and started in the high 50s. I assumed I didn't have a chance based on forums from previous years, but here I am today! So don't lose hope, everything happens for a reason! Last year, the list moved pretty slowly at first, then picked up around January/February. I'm wishing you all the best of luck! You've put in the work, now you just have to trust the process! 

Looking forward to meeting some of you next year! 🙂 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pompomcooky said:

Is there any chat/group for those accepted? I want to ask more students about the travel program. It def threw me off.

There’s a Facebook for accepted students once you pay the deposit from what I’ve read! 

So the PA I work with actually went to Pacific, and granted things may have changed, but she told me that students can ask to stay in Oregon for rotations. Also, during my student panel, I asked about traveling, and I’m 99% certain the students mentioned the same thing. You can ask them to either travel for 100% of your rotations, or ask to stay more local. I believe they mentioned that while nothing is 100%, clinical coordinators and Will take those preferences into consideration. 

Guest pompomcooky
9 hours ago, Capricorn95 said:

There’s a Facebook for accepted students once you pay the deposit from what I’ve read! 

So the PA I work with actually went to Pacific, and granted things may have changed, but she told me that students can ask to stay in Oregon for rotations. Also, during my student panel, I asked about traveling, and I’m 99% certain the students mentioned the same thing. You can ask them to either travel for 100% of your rotations, or ask to stay more local. I believe they mentioned that while nothing is 100%, clinical coordinators and Will take those preferences into consideration. 

Thank you! This def made me feel a little better. 🙂

16 hours ago, Shelbelle said:

Congratulations to those accepted! It is an awesome program and I am genuinely so grateful to be a part of it. I wanted to give a bit of hope to those who were waitlisted, because I know how incredibly hard this process can be. For reference, I was waitlisted last year and started in the high 50s. I assumed I didn't have a chance based on forums from previous years, but here I am today! So don't lose hope, everything happens for a reason! Last year, the list moved pretty slowly at first, then picked up around January/February. I'm wishing you all the best of luck! You've put in the work, now you just have to trust the process! 

Thank you so much for this! How soon before the program started did you get offered your seat?

Guest pompomcooky
23 minutes ago, futurepastudent111 said:

Thank you so much for this! How soon before the program started did you get offered your seat?

One of the students in my interview panel said she was accepted 2 weeks prior to the program, so it could def vary!

17 hours ago, Shelbelle said:

Any idea how long it took you to move up roughly 20 spots on the list?

2 hours ago, pompomcooky said:

One of the students in my interview panel said she was accepted 2 weeks prior to the program, so it could def vary!

That might have actually been me haha. I was accepted about 3 weeks before orientation (~4 weeks before the start of class). Pacific updates you when waitlist moves, so I had a pretty good sense that I may be accepted prior to actually receiving the news. 

@Gggikkll I moved 10 spots after the deposit deadline in mid-December and another 10 spots by mid-February. It is different every year, but it can happen! 

I'm still kind of bummed I never actually got the chance to interview. I was sent an invite a few days before the last interview day but it was marked as *Time Sensitive*, hunger games style, first person to respond gets the slot. Email was sent out at 9:11pm CST and I replied 19 min after receiving it was notified I was 1st on the waitlist. Never had the chance to interview before the last day on the 20th. Kind of disheartening to know I was a good candidate but never had the chance because I'm not attached to my email every min of every day. 

• 2 weeks later...