2021-2022 application cycle

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Friends, 

I hope all and loved ones are well, safe, and healthy. 

I am applying to Pacific University this week! I'm so S-T-O-K-E-D!!!! Still waiting on CASPA Verification. 

First time applying to any PA Program, I've been waiting for this moment for almost twenty years. 

Good luck to all. 

Very Respectfully, 

Ryan C. Martin-Valenzuela, M.S. 

U.S. Navy, Retired 

My Pronouns Are: He/His/Him 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Hope everyone is doing great.  Wishing you all best of luck this cycle.  First-time applicant, submitted to CASPA on 5/21, verified 5/24.  Received an email around 5/28 stating my application has been deemed "complete" by the university. Now we wait...    Pacific is definitely within my top 5!  

Julia

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Capricorn said:

Does anyone know if they're doing virtual info sessions? I can't seem to find any info about them on their website.

They were doing virtual info sessions, however, it looks like they don't have any upcoming dates listed (the last one is July 22, 2021). You could contact them just to be sure. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all! Submitted my application earlier this summer but just thought I would pop on and say hi as we all play the waiting game!

I graduated from Pacific with my undergrad, took a few tours of the PA campus a lot and attended the info sessions. Best thing I was told repetitively from current students is that they loved how the program truly felt like a family. That Pacific takes out the competitiveness and fosters a positive learning environment allowing for everyone to become the best PA they are able to be! 

Good luck!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DakRD said:

Congratulations!! Did they list the interview dates by chance??

There is a link in the invite email that takes you to a list of dates.  They are on Saturdays in October and November.

Stats:

cGPA: 3.77

Last 60 units: 3.9

Pre-requisite GPA: 4.0

PCE: 22,000 hours

Volunteer: 415 hours

Letters of Reference: 1 MD, 2 PA's,  1 science professor, 1 former supervisor

Shadowing Hours: 100 (in person and virtual)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JuliaC said:

There is a link in the invite email that takes you to a list of dates.  They are on Saturdays in October and November.

Stats:

cGPA: 3.77

Last 60 units: 3.9

Pre-requisite GPA: 4.0

PCE: 22,000 hours

Volunteer: 415 hours

Letters of Reference: 1 MD, 2 PA's,  1 science professor, 1 former supervisor

Shadowing Hours: 100 (in person and virtual)

Thank you for sharing your stats. 

When did you turn in your application? 

I received an invite this week! Interviewing on October 9th. The interview is from 12:30 to 3:45. I know there was also the option of a morning session. I think I picked one of the soonest possible dates, but there were some options. I know someone asked about dates- I can't remember the other dates but hopefully the timing is helpful. 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 8:56 PM, AlanaBranson said:

I received an invite this week! Interviewing on October 9th. The interview is from 12:30 to 3:45. I know there was also the option of a morning session. I think I picked one of the soonest possible dates, but there were some options. I know someone asked about dates- I can't remember the other dates but hopefully the timing is helpful. 

May I ask when you submitted your app and got verified? 🙂

56 minutes ago, DakRD said:

I received an interview invite today! Interviewing morning session on October 23rd! So STOKED, this is my first choice! Can’t wait to meet some of you soon, good luck everyone!

Dates are 10/9, 10/23, 11/6, 11/20 with morning (8:45-12) and afternoon (12:30-3:45) sessions 

Big congrats that's awesome! Thanks for looking at the dates and letting us know too. Are interviews in-person or online?