2021-2022 application cycle

Hi

There are three possibilities after an interview day: 

1) acceptance 

2) committee hold - kind of like a waitlist, but given more information (acceptance or put on formal waitlist) after the last interview date. 

3) no invitation. 

the last interview date is 11/20. Students put on committee hold can be accepted after either of the last two interview, and if not accepted they will be put on the waitlist and given a ranking #. 

saw some questions about this because I am on committee hold and have over analyzed this lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lsummer said:

Does anyone know if everyone that interviews and is not accepted is placed on committee hold? Has anyone been rejected after an interview? Thank you! 

I’m sure they reject people after the interview if they see “red flags,” but from reading prior cycle forums it seems like the waitlist is quite large. 

I know they interview about 200 people for like 50 spots. So I’m assuming the waitlist is about 100 people. 

so to answer, my guess is that most are put on committee hold. 

Also got the call for acceptance on Tuesday afternoon! I'm over the moon. Feeling incredibly blessed and thankful. Don't lose hope if you're on hold! I was on hold for two other programs before Pacific came through for me, and it sounds like sometimes they move through the waitlist fast! Hope to see y'all next summer!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jujubeeny said:

Hey guys! Does anyone have any advice for the interviews? 😅 super nervous!!

I do! Take this with a grain of salt, but my best advice would actually be to talk a lot! Don't ramble off topic of course, but also don't be afraid to let it turn into a casual conversation instead of letting it feel like an interrogation. This was my epiphany between my first interview (waitlisted) and my second (accepted). Your interviewers will likely reiterate this, but it's a blind interview in the sense that they haven't read your application and know little to nothing about you. That means you really need to paint a full picture of yourself as an applicant. Try to remember that the interview isn't a test in the sense that there's a right answer to the question, but it's just a way to get to know you, and the more you say and relate, the better they'll know you by the end 🙂  I hope this helps you! Good luck, be yourself, and stay positive! You've got this. 

7 hours ago, weewoo said:

I do! Take this with a grain of salt, but my best advice would actually be to talk a lot! Don't ramble off topic of course, but also don't be afraid to let it turn into a casual conversation instead of letting it feel like an interrogation. This was my epiphany between my first interview (waitlisted) and my second (accepted). Your interviewers will likely reiterate this, but it's a blind interview in the sense that they haven't read your application and know little to nothing about you. That means you really need to paint a full picture of yourself as an applicant. Try to remember that the interview isn't a test in the sense that there's a right answer to the question, but it's just a way to get to know you, and the more you say and relate, the better they'll know you by the end 🙂  I hope this helps you! Good luck, be yourself, and stay positive! You've got this. 

In addition to this great answer, I've approached my last 4 interviews as if I'm meeting a new friend(s) for the first time and have the opportunity to share things about myself.  This made the process more relaxed, natural and fun for me.  Needless to say, the last 4 interviews had favorable outcomes.  Best of luck to you!  You'll do fabulous!

Hi everyone!

Any word on the status of interview invites? Have all of the invites been sent out at this time? I have not received any updates since submitting my application in August (no rejection, no invite), and I know the last interview date is soon... still holding on to some hope based on last year's timeline.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, abbysolo said:

Just got an email that I'm on committee hold. 😞 Can't help but feel discouraged even though I know there's technically still a possibility of acceptance after the last interview on 11/20.

Does anyone know how often people on committee hold are accepted after the final interview?

same! I think I will just have them remove my name from the list. Thankfully I have other acceptances options. Honestly the idea of the travel program put me off so much. I just don't understand why they make their students move so much. Hillsboro is in such a great position to have many different options close by for rotations, its frustration that they make their students spend all of that extra money. Would love that modular learning though 

4 minutes ago, thatsnotPCE said:

same! I think I will just have them remove my name from the list. Thankfully I have other acceptances options. Honestly the idea of the travel program put me off so much. I just don't understand why they make their students move so much. Hillsboro is in such a great position to have many different options close by for rotations, its frustration that they make their students spend all of that extra money. Would love that modular learning though 

I felt the same way!! Before the interview, Pacific was my top choice hands down. But the student panel & travel program aspect (which was not really advertised on their website or program info anywhere) were both so off-putting. The only thing that I still find appealing about the program is the modular learning & how they test during clinicals! Luckily, like you I have been accepted to two other amazing programs.

2 minutes ago, brabbeygirl18 said:

I felt the same way!! Before the interview, Pacific was my top choice hands down. But the student panel & travel program aspect (which was not really advertised on their website or program info anywhere) were both so off-putting. The only thing that I still find appealing about the program is the modular learning & how they test during clinicals! Luckily, like you I have been accepted to two other amazing programs.

Haha sounds like we are in the exact same position! I have 2 acceptances as well, but I’m from OR so pacific was my top choice. The travel aspect was very poorly advertised, most program you can expect to have a few away rotations but that is insane to be moving for the whole year. Honestly I didn’t like the vibes of the program and decided before I heard from them it was going to be a no for me. Congrats to everyone who was accepted though!! The travel a pest will be an amazing opportunity for some people who like to travel! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, abbysolo said:

Just got an email that I'm on committee hold. 😞 Can't help but feel discouraged even though I know there's technically still a possibility of acceptance after the last interview on 11/20.

Does anyone know how often people on committee hold are accepted after the final interview?

I interviewed on 11/6 and also got put on committee hold! Definitely wish it was an acceptance but we just have to hang in there until Nov 20th and see what they decide; best of luck to you!

5 hours ago, abbysolo said:

I feel like I recall Leah saying that they don't give out all of the available seats right after the interviews. Some seats are set aside until all of the interviews are conducted and then they go back and offer those and finally create a ranked waitlist I believe. Take this with a grain of salt though. Best of luck to you! I know it's so hard to wait. 

• Like 1

Guest pompomcooky

Does anybody remember if it was mentioned that the rankings are revealed or not?

Also, I agree, the travel program was not really mentioned at all on the website. It threw me off and would've affected whether I would apply or not.

14 hours ago, pompomcooky said:

Does anybody remember if it was mentioned that the rankings are revealed or not?

Also, I agree, the travel program was not really mentioned at all on the website. It threw me off and would've affected whether I would apply or not.

Yes, after the final interview those on committee hold who are waitlisted will receive an email with their waitlist ranking if I recall correctly.

Can someone please explain to me the travel rotations idea? I was under the impression that there was the opportunity to travel for clinicals, but confused on whether that is the only option? I agree financially that sucks, but I wonder if it's an opportunity to see other places to network and get a job through!