2021-2022 Application cycle

If you guys want to be able to choose where you go for your electives, and not toId where to go, I suggest you avoid this program. They advertise 3 electives, and when it comes down to the electives, you'll be promised the moon, and end up in some BFE elective site paying at least $2000/month to life in the dustiest places in the southeastern US. 

• 1 year later...
On 12/28/2021 at 1:16 PM, marle19 said:

I’m a current student at lmu knox! I understand the feeling of wanting to get ahead since you have so much time between now and starting school, but I would really recommend just spending time with your friends and family and relaxing. I personally did not study at all before starting school, I did very well in the first semester and I think I can partially attribute that to the fact that I was so ready to hit the ground running once school started because I was so lazy in all the months leading up to that point. They will give you all the material you need (and there’s a lot of it!) so I can’t really point you toward specific things to study since there’s just so much. I would say the bulk of our first semester was physiology and pharmacology, so if you really really want to do something you could brush up in those areas. But like I said, from my experience I would say relaxing and spending time with loved ones is more important because you won’t be able to do that much at all once school starts! 

I just got accepted here! I only have one other acceptance and I really think I prefer LMU Knox over the other one despite it being on probation and the other one being accreditation-continued. LMU Knox seems like it has a lot to offer with the cadaver lab, sim labs, ultrasound, etc whereas the other school doesn't have any of those things. Do you have any insight on the program? Should I be worried about the probation status? The faculty told us that most things were already fixed and that it was def heading in the right direction and that most of it was due to paperwork and lack of diversity. Is this true?