2021-2022 Application cycle

Hello everyone! I didn't see a post for this year's cycle so I'm super excited to start it. I"m very nervous about applying. Last year I only applied to about 3 schools because I didn't take the GRE. 

My undergrad GPA is very low so I'm stepping out on faith here, but my science gpa, postbacc gpa, and graduate gpa are all at least 3.0. 

Here are my hours: (I tried to overcompensate to offset the low GPA)

PCE: 8,000+ hrs as a Clinical research coordinator and PT aide

Research: 1,720 hrs

Extracurricular: 1,327 hrs 

Volunteer: 686 hrs (including Guatemala medical mission trip)

Shadowing: 100 hrs (dermatology, oncology, hematology, orthopedics, emergency medicine, internal medicine, thoracic surgery, and otolaryngology)

Leadership: 41 hrs

Teaching: 6 hrs

Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!! 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!  Wishing everyone the best of luck during this application cycle.  I am a re-applicant & very hopeful for this cycle!  CASPA app was submitted on 5/11, verified on 5/12.

Education: Bachelor’s in Holistic Health & Wellness, with a Psychology minor

Patient Care: 9,432 hours (as a clinical trials coordinator, phlebotomist, PT tech)

Healthcare: 3,680 hours

Volunteer/Shadowing: 781 hours (gynecological oncology, pediatric oncology, integrative medicine)

Teaching: 315 hours

I also applied to LMU Knoxville!

App verified 6/2. My stats are:

PCE: 2500 (patient care tech, MA and PT aide)

HCE: 600

Leadership: 2500

Volunteering: 2600

Shadowing: 40

Teaching: 200

oGPA: 3.5

sGPA: 3.55

LOR from MD, public Health prof, and a PA

GRE 307

I got a ton of feedback saying my personal statement was strong as well. 

We shall see! Best of luck to everyone. 

Tentative Timeline From 2020 - 2021 Cycle's thread

May 28, 2020                application verified and received confirmation about my supplemental

August 26, 2020            received an interview invitation this morning for Harrogate on Oct 2nd.

October 13, 2020          Just received an Interview for LMU Harrogate.

October 27, 2020           I just got the acceptance call from Mrs. Wells

November 12, 2020       acceptance call from Knoxville from interview on Nov 6th

email that I am on the alternate list for the Harrogate Campus from 11/13 interview

November 29, 2020       my email says final decisions regarding waitlist will be made in April or sooner

December 3, 2020         Just received an interview to the Harrogate campus today for early January

December 16, 2020        I just got the call from knoxville from 12/07 interview

January 21                        received an interview for LMU Knoxville for February 10

February 17                        acceptance call this morning for the Knoxville program

February 21                       invited to interview on March 3rd for a spot in the Knoxville program

March 5                             accepted to LMU-Knox PA program

March 21                            got an email with a seat offer after being on the waitlist for a while

March 29                           I interviewed on 3/16, just received a waitlist email this morning.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 10:03 AM, jah14 said:

Did anyone else receive an open house/information session invite for August 20th for the Knoxville location? Is this something they have done in the past before interviews? 

I also received that invitation. Not sure if they have done in the past, but I did not previously see this open house on their website. Since I specifically received an invite, I feel that it might be important to go if possible!

On 7/26/2021 at 10:03 AM, jah14 said:

Did anyone else receive an open house/information session invite for August 20th for the Knoxville location? Is this something they have done in the past before interviews? 

I recieved an invite but I'm out of state so there's no way I could attend along with flying out to interviews...

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 12:41 PM, mikaelawhite said:

I recieved an invite but I'm out of state so there's no way I could attend along with flying out to interviews...

I am in the same boat, do you think it's necessary to reach out and let them know we aren't able to? I'm just not sure what the right play is

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...