2021-2022 Application cycle

Just got the acceptance email and call from my interview on 9/24! I am back and forth on what to do because I still have not even heard about interviews from some of my other higher ranked school choices. I am also concerned with the 92% first-time PANCE passing rate and feel they tried to brush that off too much when the question was asked. Anybody have any opinions or suggestions to give? I would love to hear from some others that might be in a similar situation. Thanks!

On 9/27/2021 at 2:00 PM, futurepastudent1999 said:

Just got the acceptance email and call from my interview on 9/24! I am back and forth on what to do because I still have not even heard about interviews from some of my other higher ranked school choices. I am also concerned with the 92% first-time PANCE passing rate and feel they tried to brush that off too much when the question was asked. Anybody have any opinions or suggestions to give? I would love to hear from some others that might be in a similar situation. Thanks!

I'm in the exact same boat! I think I'm going to accept. I haven't heard from some of my other schools yet but I honestly have more of a gut feeling with LMU that I don't have with some other schools. The only reason I'm not as concerned with the 92% pass rate is because of covid and all of the recent changes (I saw other schools with the same rate from this past year). I am still going to give other schools a chance and look into them If I receive an invite, however, I'm really comfortable with LMU right now.

On 9/27/2021 at 2:00 PM, futurepastudent1999 said:

As a current student, I can say that LMU really tries to give their students the best chance that they can. Unlike some other schools, they give their students second and third tries in the program if they fail a semester. We also do not have extremely high grade/test score requirements as they believe some of the better clinicians may not be great test takers. We are given all of the information necessary to do well on the PANCE and it is really just up to the student to be prepared. I wouldn’t worry about the lower pass rate as long as you are prepared to put in the work needed! 

That being said, choose your school based on the best fit for you! I promise you will enjoy the program a lot more if you enjoy the school, program missions, professors, and the area you are in! 

• Like 2