2021-2022 Application cycle

Hey guys! I interviewed in Knoxville on November 18. Got the acceptance call last Wednesday (12/1). Thinking about starting a GroupMe but wanted to see if one was already started for Knox. I know it’s early but thought it could be helpful. Y’all lmk what you think and I’ll get in it. Also let me know WhatsApp is better! 

15 minutes ago, ap2316 said:

Hey guys! I interviewed in Knoxville on November 18. Got the acceptance call last Wednesday (12/1). Thinking about starting a GroupMe but wanted to see if one was already started for Knox. I know it’s early but thought it could be helpful. Y’all lmk what you think and I’ll get in it. Also let me know WhatsApp is better! 

There is already a group me! I believe someone else on this thread linked it

4 minutes ago, CAM10 said:

Congratulations on your acceptance!! Could you share the interview format for the Knoxville campus? Thank you so much!

Hey! I interviewed with Knoxville and got accepted! On interview day we were broken into two groups. One group toured first and the other interviewed and once interviews were done the groups swapped. The interview was very laid back. Your regular questions. They really are just wanting to get to know you. I found in my questions that, for lack of better terms, they were just wanting to see if I confirmed what was already on my application. I felt nervous because my questions didn’t allow them to learn anything else about me besides what they already had on paper. I was also only asked 3 questions. Still got accepted though! I worked at chick fil a during college and for me that interview was more difficult than this one. Don’t sweat it just be yourself, be well reviewed on your application, and be confident in the decisions you made and who you are as a person! Also they feed you lunch and provide snacks and water so that was super exciting for me!!

On 12/15/2021 at 12:31 PM, RNL18 said:

did anyone else receive an interview for 2/10 at Knoxville campus? I feel like that is so far away and so many people have already been accepted.

Me!! I’m planning on going but hoping by that point that the class isn’t already full? It’s a lot of money and time off work to travel out of state for an interview for nothing.

5 hours ago, seb14e said:

Me!! I’m planning on going but hoping by that point that the class isn’t already full? It’s a lot of money and time off work to travel out of state for an interview for nothing.

I would still go! The Class is going to be 100 so Im sure theres going to be people accepting and withdrawing seats even until then. Plus it was nice seeing Tennessee! 

• Upvote 1

On 12/15/2021 at 9:16 AM, User906 said:

Since we have some time before classes begin, current students at Knoxville campus, how would you suggest preparing for classes? What are some things we should study up on? 

I’m a current student at lmu knox! I understand the feeling of wanting to get ahead since you have so much time between now and starting school, but I would really recommend just spending time with your friends and family and relaxing. I personally did not study at all before starting school, I did very well in the first semester and I think I can partially attribute that to the fact that I was so ready to hit the ground running once school started because I was so lazy in all the months leading up to that point. They will give you all the material you need (and there’s a lot of it!) so I can’t really point you toward specific things to study since there’s just so much. I would say the bulk of our first semester was physiology and pharmacology, so if you really really want to do something you could brush up in those areas. But like I said, from my experience I would say relaxing and spending time with loved ones is more important because you won’t be able to do that much at all once school starts! 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 12:16 PM, marle19 said:

I’m a current student at lmu knox! I understand the feeling of wanting to get ahead since you have so much time between now and starting school, but I would really recommend just spending time with your friends and family and relaxing. I personally did not study at all before starting school, I did very well in the first semester and I think I can partially attribute that to the fact that I was so ready to hit the ground running once school started because I was so lazy in all the months leading up to that point. They will give you all the material you need (and there’s a lot of it!) so I can’t really point you toward specific things to study since there’s just so much. I would say the bulk of our first semester was physiology and pharmacology, so if you really really want to do something you could brush up in those areas. But like I said, from my experience I would say relaxing and spending time with loved ones is more important because you won’t be able to do that much at all once school starts! 

Hi there! Thank you for replying on this forum, it helps a lot hearing experiences from current students. Do you have any interview tips? Thank you and I appreciate your time!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! Who is interviewing on feb 10? I would love to get to know some of you so we can all feel at ease with familiar faces!! I am also wondering if everyone is just preparing with traditional questions such as tell  me about yourself, why our school, and the basics? Did anyone receive any extra information or any extra details? Thank you guys and I look forward to meeting everyone!  

21 minutes ago, savvv99 said:

Hey! Who is interviewing on feb 10? I would love to get to know some of you so we can all feel at ease with familiar faces!! I am also wondering if everyone is just preparing with traditional questions such as tell  me about yourself, why our school, and the basics? Did anyone receive any extra information or any extra details? Thank you guys and I look forward to meeting everyone!  

Also is anyone aware of a writing assignment we should be preparing for? Maybe I am reading into it the past years too much and causing myself to worry for nothing. 

• 2 weeks later...