2021-2022 Application Round

1 hour ago, thisismydreamschool said:

I interviewed 2/17 for Miami campus,  haven’t heard anything back, anyone else?

I interviewed 1/21 and still haven't heard back. Buckle up bud you may be in for quite a wait even though some of the acceptances seem to go out rather quickly. Today is the end of week 5 of waiting for me and at this point I believe the best I can hope for is a spot on the waitlist based on  how long I have been waiting and that the acceptances seem to have been going out within like a week of the interviews but who knows. Good luck to you.

I got my FIRST interview invitation. NEED HELP PLEASE!

Hello everyone, I was about to prepare for the next round of application but received the interview invitation (wasn't prepare for this). Can someone please tell me what their interview type is, their question types ( ethical, situational, behavioral, unusual questions [ like if you want to be a tree, which tree would you be?]. From what I know, it wasn't MMI type interview, is it? Thank you so much! 

3 hours ago, AnnaDiem said:

I got my FIRST interview invitation. NEED HELP PLEASE!

Hello everyone, I was about to prepare for the next round of application but received the interview invitation (wasn't prepare for this). Can someone please tell me what their interview type is, their question types ( ethical, situational, behavioral, unusual questions [ like if you want to be a tree, which tree would you be?]. From what I know, it wasn't MMI type interview, is it? Thank you so much! 

Congrats on the interview! Correct, the interview is not MMI. There is a group interview and individual interview. The group interview was about four other interviewees with one faculty. For the group interview, questions may depend on your interviewer, but personally I thought the questions were rather straight forward and big picture oriented. For the individual interview I would just focus on commonly asked PA school interview questions as this time goes by quickly (~15 min). There is nothing meant to trick you and the process as a whole was pretty enjoyable. I will say that time does fly by, and it seems like the consensus has been that it can be somewhat difficult to try to stand out. But you will do great, and everyone is so nice!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lrncpa said:

Congrats on the interview! Correct, the interview is not MMI. There is a group interview and individual interview. The group interview was about four other interviewees with one faculty. For the group interview, questions may depend on your interviewer, but personally I thought the questions were rather straight forward and big picture oriented. For the individual interview I would just focus on commonly asked PA school interview questions as this time goes by quickly (~15 min). There is nothing meant to trick you and the process as a whole was pretty enjoyable. I will say that time does fly by, and it seems like the consensus has been that it can be somewhat difficult to try to stand out. But you will do great, and everyone is so nice!

Thank you so much, Irncpa! I needed this to better prepare for the interview!

Was there a writing portion? If so, how is it done? 

Edited by AnnaLe
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, AnnaLe said:

Thank you so much, Irncpa! I needed this to better prepare for the interview!

Was there a writing portion? If so, how is it done? 

Happy to help! There is no writing portion. There’s a program overview, faculty introductions and Q&A, group interview, individual interview, and student panel/Q&A. Best of luck and truly just be yourself as cliché as that sounds. Since this is an interview where I felt it was kind of difficult to stand out, it’s especially important to just let your personality come through if anything, and try not to stress too much about the questions!

• Like 1

Hi guys! Does anyone know if the Miami campus class is full? I received a interview for mid March but I really would think that they have already filled their class and this interview is just for a waitlist offer. I was accepted to another school and am on a few other waitlists but if it’s an offer for a seat in the class I want to do the interview but if it’s for a spot of the waitlist I feel there is no point. 

43 minutes ago, smspa said:

Hi guys! Does anyone know if the Miami campus class is full? I received a interview for mid March but I really would think that they have already filled their class and this interview is just for a waitlist offer. I was accepted to another school and am on a few other waitlists but if it’s an offer for a seat in the class I want to do the interview but if it’s for a spot of the waitlist I feel there is no point. 

From past forums, it looks like they were filling up seats well into April-May. I saw someone got an acceptance in July. Their website also says they would inform you via email if you were interviewing for the waitlist. The interview is fun and relaxed and I think it’s worth doing, especially since you already have some interview experience! 

Hey all! I’ve been lurking for a while now but have an interview with Barry tomorrow! I was just curious, since the individual interview is known to go so fast, is that simply because of not many questions? Or are the answered on a timed basis? (Only have a minute to answer). Thanks!

6 hours ago, Kikidee said:

Hey all! I’ve been lurking for a while now but have an interview with Barry tomorrow! I was just curious, since the individual interview is known to go so fast, is that simply because of not many questions? Or are the answered on a timed basis? (Only have a minute to answer). Thanks!

Hi! I'm currently a Barry PA student. The individual interview did go quite fast, but I didn't feel rushed. I remember answering maybe 4-5 questions which I was able to spend as much time as I chose answering and then the interviewer would ask their next question!