2021-2022 UND application cycle.

I decided to get ahead and create a thread for this year's upcoming cycle. 

I know I am a re-applicant this year and will probably only apply to this and one other school this year as I am trying to get a few things taken care of before I apply to several schools the following year. 

How many of you are re-applicants? 

Good luck everyone!!! 

Edited by wltaylor
typo

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 11:32 AM, LegenWaitForItDary2 said:

Current 2nd year student. This forum played role in getting me into the program, so If you guys have any questions let me know! N good luck.

Good afternoon! When typically do they start extending interview invites? 

Thank you for offering to answer any questions.

Cait

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 10:32 AM, LegenWaitForItDary2 said:

Current 2nd year student. This forum played role in getting me into the program, so If you guys have any questions let me know! N good luck.

I am curious about the didactic year schedule. Obviously this is a hybrid program which is why I am leaning toward this being my preferred program. What is the schedule like? Are the classes synchronous/asynchronous? What was the hardest thing for you in dealing with the hybrid nature of the program? 

To all, I haven't seen anything regarding information sessions? Only what is described online? I have reached out to the program but not heard back. 

1 hour ago, bamayotte said:

I am curious about the didactic year schedule. Obviously this is a hybrid program which is why I am leaning toward this being my preferred program. What is the schedule like? Are the classes synchronous/asynchronous? What was the hardest thing for you in dealing with the hybrid nature of the program? 

To all, I haven't seen anything regarding information sessions? Only what is described online? I have reached out to the program but not heard back. 

The classes are synchronous where you'll have roughly 8-10 hours of live class a week. It'll take 50 hours a week dedicated to school to get by and in my case 60-70 hours a week to get A's. If you plan on trying to work more than 24-36 hours a month, you'll fail out, I saw it. I wouldn't work or else you won't have even the little amount of personal life PA students have.

You can refer to previous application cycle forum topics for UND as I've answer a significant amount of questions including this one previously. 

• Thanks 1

Hi all!

I was verified in CASPA today and received an email from UND stating we would be notified by the end of September with interview invites. They then gave dates in October that would be the interview dates that are non-negotiable and in person. 

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2021 at 3:15 PM, mnozyk01 said:

Just a quick question. In CASPA, it gives you the option to upload proof of employment/experience hours. Is this optional? 

I was curious about this as well... More so, If I have been working in EMS for the past 10+ years, do I need to verify all hours/jobs or just current employment..??

9 hours ago, bamayotte said:

I was curious about this as well... More so, If I have been working in EMS for the past 10+ years, do I need to verify all hours/jobs or just current employment..??

This is new, although I reached out to all the agencies I worked for and I think it was human resources that informed me of my hours of employment. I'm sure if they could send you that on a letterhead that would work. I think the more formal your application the more diligent it shows schools

• 2 weeks later...

I am a first year applicant to this program, but I am curious, have any of  you heard of students being offered interviews or spots who are not from ND or don't have any close ties to it? I have a daughter moving W. for school, E. Washington, and our family is very flexible on where we live. I've also looked into rural medicine programs and they don't scare us.  UP of MI, N. WI and MN  ; )

On 7/9/2021 at 3:37 PM, Ferrell4K said:

I am a first year applicant to this program, but I am curious, have any of  you heard of students being offered interviews or spots who are not from ND or don't have any close ties to it? I have a daughter moving W. for school, E. Washington, and our family is very flexible on where we live. I've also looked into rural medicine programs and they don't scare us.  UP of MI, N. WI and MN  ; )

They take a handful each year out of the Midwest but higher likelihood of admission if your from ND, SD, MN, MT......

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question! I have a very high bachelor and pre req GPA but since transcripts date back to 2008 when I was an irresponsible young student my Caspa GPA significantly dropped. Are you aware of any in your class that went through the same thing and were accepted? I have over 12,000 hours of care and awesome letters of recommendation. I guess I’m wanting to know if they automatically throw lower gpa applicants or if they will still review application. 

23 hours ago, PaAlltheWay84 said:

I have a question! I have a very high bachelor and pre req GPA but since transcripts date back to 2008 when I was an irresponsible young student my Caspa GPA significantly dropped. Are you aware of any in your class that went through the same thing and were accepted? I have over 12,000 hours of care and awesome letters of recommendation. I guess I’m wanting to know if they automatically throw lower gpa applicants or if they will still review application. 

It will undoubtedly have some effect, they do look at last 60 credit GPA at UND as well or previously have

• Thanks 1

To the previous students and maybe any applicants that have already crossed this bridge... With the UND supplemental application, once i completed it, it mentions transcripts not received from my previous schools. Do I need to send to them separately or will they get that from CASPA? I assume the latter, just wanted to make sure.

12 hours ago, bamayotte said:

To the previous students and maybe any applicants that have already crossed this bridge... With the UND supplemental application, once i completed it, it mentions transcripts not received from my previous schools. Do I need to send to them separately or will they get that from CASPA? I assume the latter, just wanted to make sure.

Complete the online application to the UND Graduate School by September 1, 2021. There is a $35 application fee. 

References, transcripts, and your personal statement are NOT required with this application since they are submitted to CASPA. However, any transcript(s) verifying the completion of previously in-progress prerequisite coursework is required to be sent and postmarked by the September 1 deadline to the UND Graduate School. For questions regarding where to send your transcripts, consult the UND School of Graduate Studies.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 11:27 PM, ARPA2024 said:

Complete the online application to the UND Graduate School by September 1, 2021. There is a $35 application fee. 

References, transcripts, and your personal statement are NOT required with this application since they are submitted to CASPA. However, any transcript(s) verifying the completion of previously in-progress prerequisite coursework is required to be sent and postmarked by the September 1 deadline to the UND Graduate School. For questions regarding where to send your transcripts, consult the UND School of Graduate Studies.

hi I have a similar question, it says on the application portal "please complete your checklist items to be ready for review." the items on the checklist are my transcript, will it still be reviewed then?

2 hours ago, LNEG94 said:

hi I have a similar question, it says on the application portal "please complete your checklist items to be ready for review." the items on the checklist are my transcript, will it still be reviewed then?

I don't know. I was following the instruction on the PA departments website.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LNEG94 said:

oh okay thanks!

I just got this email:

Upon review of your CASPA application we do not have a transcript for your Biochemistry course. Please send the transcript for this course to the program email (und.med.paprogram@und.edu) so we can proceed with your application. All transcripts must be received by September 1.

I just finished BioChem and my grade isn't published yet so they must have looked at everything else. We should be good with only sending our transcripts to CASPA.

17 hours ago, ARPA2024 said:

I just got this email:

Upon review of your CASPA application we do not have a transcript for your Biochemistry course. Please send the transcript for this course to the program email (und.med.paprogram@und.edu) so we can proceed with your application. All transcripts must be received by September 1.

I just finished BioChem and my grade isn't published yet so they must have looked at everything else. We should be good with only sending our transcripts to CASPA.

oh sweet! thank you

• 2 weeks later...

I have submitted my $35 application to UND Graduate School but I DON'T have all my official transcripts mail to UND. I know that the deadline is September 1st for the application, do you have any recommendations of what could be done? I  have requested my transcripts to me mail/email to UND but they will probably received them after September 1st 😞