Hospital systems

Hello everyone! I am a new graduate as of the end of December and I passed the PANCE last month. I just moved back to my home state of Georgia. I have been applying to jobs at all of the local hospitals (Piedmont, Grady, Emory, etc.) in Atlanta but no call backs yet. Does anyone have any tips to make myself stand out as a new graduate to hospital systems?

I have found that large hospital systems, especially academic centers, are difficult to get in the door and even more difficult to check the status of your application. Have you looked into any staffing firms in Atlanta that have posted jobs? 

The one job I did interview for at an academic center, it was at least 4-8 weeks before I heard back they were interested in scheduling an interview. 

Unfortunately, these large systems often do not have processes in place to recruit PAs like they recruit physicians. 

On 2/11/2021 at 10:39 PM, greenmood said:

Do you have any connections at any of these hospitals? If so, lean on them. It’s gonna be hard to float to the top of the stack without some kind of “in.”

I’d also make sure your cover letters are really hyping your local roots.

Unfortunately I do not have any connections! I wish I had go into a school here much more now 

On 2/12/2021 at 12:52 PM, narcan said:

I have found that large hospital systems, especially academic centers, are difficult to get in the door and even more difficult to check the status of your application. Have you looked into any staffing firms in Atlanta that have posted jobs? 

The one job I did interview for at an academic center, it was at least 4-8 weeks before I heard back they were interested in scheduling an interview. 

Unfortunately, these large systems often do not have processes in place to recruit PAs like they recruit physicians. 

Sometimes I do see listings for the hospitals on other sites but thought maybe I should go directly through the hospitals site but I'll look into staffing firms! Thanks!

13 hours ago, Jmayne said:

No I actually wasn't aware but I just looked at the site and it seems great! Did you attend?

I did. Great experience. Rounded through general cardiology, EP, CT surgery, CVICU, CCU, one-on-one training on reading echos, procedure training - placing Swan's, CVC, vas-caths, arterial lines. Great team leading the residency. Some of the most knowledgeable PA's and NP's I've ever known. Great docs and nurses too. Piedmont is a great place to work. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/19/2021 at 9:46 AM, bike mike said:

I did. Great experience. Rounded through general cardiology, EP, CT surgery, CVICU, CCU, one-on-one training on reading echos, procedure training - placing Swan's, CVC, vas-caths, arterial lines. Great team leading the residency. Some of the most knowledgeable PA's and NP's I've ever known. Great docs and nurses too. Piedmont is a great place to work. 

That sounds awesome! I love cardio! I'll do some more research on the program and ask you any questions if needed! Thanks man!