MCPHS Manchester 2020-2021

15 minutes ago, kzwija2 said:

I received an email from Courtney that they could not offer me a seat at the Boston Campus but they offered me an interview to the Manchester campus instead! I am waiting to hear back with more information about when my interview will be. It will be my first PA school interview - I am wait listed to interview at a few other schools. Does anyone know the format of the interview? Any tips on how to prepare?

That's so exciting! I promise you the interview here is not too intimidating- they truly just want to get to know you! I did two interviews at MCPHS, one for the waitlist last February and one this November. Both were similar, besides one being on Zoom. My interview was 20-30 minutes long with a faculty member and it was basically a conversation with a few questions. To prepare, I would suggest writing out everything you want to touch on in your interview and prepare for the most common questions. That's what I did and I got accepted! Best of luck! 😀

39 minutes ago, kzwija2 said:

I received an email from Courtney that they could not offer me a seat at the Boston Campus but they offered me an interview to the Manchester campus instead! I am waiting to hear back with more information about when my interview will be. It will be my first PA school interview - I am wait listed to interview at a few other schools. Does anyone know the format of the interview? Any tips on how to prepare?

Congrats! This was my favorite interview and had no challenging or out there questions. I would look over some common PA interview questions to prepare.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, laurenfuturepac said:

@mrad627 Hi there! Were there any other interview sessions or was this the last one? I am wondering how full the campuses are getting..

Hi!! I’m not sure! This was the only day available on the calendar you could look at for Jan/Feb/March, but there was multiple different times to choose from. I read on the forums for Boston/Worcester that they were told they were interviewing for a waitlist or there were no seats available (??) but I haven’t been told that. I can let you know after the interview!

On 1/22/2021 at 11:49 PM, mrad627 said:

Hi!! I’m not sure! This was the only day available on the calendar you could look at for Jan/Feb/March, but there was multiple different times to choose from. I read on the forums for Boston/Worcester that they were told they were interviewing for a waitlist or there were no seats available (??) but I haven’t been told that. I can let you know after the interview!

I'm not sure for Worcester or Boston, but I know for Manchester they do interviews even once the class is full to add people to the waitlist. I interviewed the end of last February for the class that just started and it was solely for a spot on the waitlist. But there's always a chance someone gives up their seat! They also don't just put the wait list in order of who made it first, if you're a better candidate than others already on the waitlist you could move to the top! Hope this helped. And best of luck to you guys!

12 minutes ago, emilytherr said:

I'm not sure for Worcester or Boston, but I know for Manchester they do interviews even once the class is full to add people to the waitlist. I interviewed the end of last February for the class that just started and it was solely for a spot on the waitlist. But there's always a chance someone gives up their seat! They also don't just put the wait list in order of who made it first, if you're a better candidate than others already on the waitlist you could move to the top! Hope this helped. And best of luck to you guys!

Did they tell you before that it was for the waitlist? 

12 minutes ago, emilytherr said:

I don’t know if you would know the answer to this, but if someone were to get waitlisted this cycle, do they have to reapply again in order to get an interview for the next cycle? Or are they guaranteed another interview just being on the waitlist? I wasn’t sure if you got waitlisted last cycle and this is something you would know the answer to!

On 1/29/2021 at 7:19 PM, mrad627 said:

Did they tell you before that it was for the waitlist? 

So what happened with me was the e-mail went to my spam, so someone from admissions called me to tell me about the e-mail. That's when they told me it was for the waitlist. In the e-mail it didn't say. I'm not sure what it's looking like this year, but if you e-mail them they'd probably tell you!

On 1/29/2021 at 7:22 PM, mar111 said:

I don’t know if you would know the answer to this, but if someone were to get waitlisted this cycle, do they have to reapply again in order to get an interview for the next cycle? Or are they guaranteed another interview just being on the waitlist? I wasn’t sure if you got waitlisted last cycle and this is something you would know the answer to!

Yes, I do know!! Last year I was waitlisted since I had the last interview of the cycle and I did have to apply again this cycle and get chosen again for an interview. But if you got chosen this time around, you'd probably get one next time too, especially if you have more experience and if you apply early! I got the e-mail for the first round of interviews this year because I applied earlier.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...