Medical Professional Mortgage Loan

Anyone out there used one of these big mortgage lenders for healthcare providers? Some of the local banks here in town do the traditional "Physician Loans" but none extending to PAs. 

Benefits of the loan look pretty nice but too good to be true?

In short:

- Nothing down

- No PMI

- Student Loans not included in "debt-to-income"

- Low rates (may not matter in this low-rate market?)

Thanks!

I've looked into it in the past, but the rate was always significantly higher than what I could get through a conventional mortgage with 5% down.  Last time I looked it was a 5.5-6% loan vs. 3.625% (what I have now).  For me it was just never worth it.

I'm actually in the process of refinancing currently and looking at a sub 2.625% loan.

Note: these are all 30 year flat rate mortgages

14 hours ago, mgriffiths said:

I've looked into it in the past, but the rate was always significantly higher than what I could get through a conventional mortgage with 5% down.  Last time I looked it was a 5.5-6% loan vs. 3.625% (what I have now).  For me it was just never worth it.

I'm actually in the process of refinancing currently and looking at a sub 2.625% loan.

Uggggggh. I refi'd at 3.25 about 45 days ago....

8 hours ago, MediMike said:

Uggggggh. I refi'd at 3.25 about 45 days ago....

2 hours ago, ShakaHoo said:

I refinanced at 3.25% roughly 3 months ago (20 year mortgage).

Kicking myself now!

Bought the house December 2018 with a 4.75% rate...refinanced Sept/Oct 2019 at 3.625%...now refinancing again...kicking myself for doing the refinance last fall, but who knew a global pandemic would push interest rates at or below average inflation rates...weird world we live in

Edit: my father recently refinanced their mortgage to a 15 year at 1.725% 🤪...ludicrous

Edited by mgriffiths

22 hours ago, mgriffiths said:

2.625%?? That’s incredible on 30 years. 

Wow. Is that with a national mortgage originator or someone local? 

• 1 year later...