I am applying for 2021-22 cycle. I graduated recently and don't have any formal work experience. I am tired of applying to jobs, cold-calling clinics and hospitals for jobs. I even offered to work for free. I am licensed (EKG, and phleb) then also I am getting rejected. Nobody wants to hire anymore, they don't even need free services. I am a person of color, I hope that is not the reason.

• 3 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Erose
      Hello,
      I am currently residing in Bellingham Washington. I am eager to get some shadowing experience prior to applying to PA school this year. I have received both covid vaccines, and would love to shadow in person. Please let me know if you have any ideas. I have reached out to several PAs in the area and have yet to hear back from anyone. 
      Thank you!
    • By Erose
      Hello all!
      I am sure there are already several similar topics already on here, but I am struggling to find them. I am wondering if anyone has compiled a list of schools that do or do not accept online anatomy and physiology courses if taken during quarantine. I have checked the websites of several schools that make no statements on how their prereq requirements have been altered in response to the pandemic. If anyone has any recommendations I would be very grateful.
      Thank you!!
    • By limabean
      Hello! I'm a semi-new grad PA-C who has been on the job hunt in my state for the past few months. There's a local FT vaccine clinic opportunity for APPs that I'm interested in applying to, but the post doesn't have a lot of details on what the responsibilities of the PA-C would be. Other similar job openings have a range of different tasks listed, with some being as simple as just administering vaccines, while others have the PA provide necessary patient education, monitor patients, etc. I could also see the PA being utilized to help direct care should adverse reactions occur, etc., but I haven't seen it explicitly listed on any job posts I've seen.
      I was wondering if anyone here has worked in a COVID vaccine clinic or knows someone who does, and could provide more insight into what you do day-to-day in your role?
      Thank you for your time!
    • By SEMPA
      Join us as Anand "Swami" Swaminathan, MD reviews what works (and what doesn't work) against COVID-19.
      Feb 18, 2021; 3:00 pm CST
      https://www.sempa.org/education/sempa-live/

• By cfran
      Hi! New grad here with pending MA license. Its a tough time out there for new grads! (any leads in MA would be great!) but in the mean time while my license processes, I wanted to see if I could get a job/ volunteer doing covid vaccinations or covid swabs, Most posts I'e seen want nurses or Pharmacists, and don't mention PAs. Also not sure how this works with a pending license? Any leads or advice would be great!  

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More