Mount Union 2020-2021 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, allmcs said:

Does anybody know if Mount accepts shadowing hours of a MD/DO? On their website they only mention PA shadowing, but I feel like a lot of schools will accept either. I'm kind of in a crunch to get shadowing hours and there is a lot of virtual physician shadowing I can find, but struggling to find PA shadowing during these times. So if anyone knows about this and could let me know, that would help a lot. Thanks! 

I'm not sure if they accept MD/DO shadowing, but I do have some resources you could look into for virtual PA shadowing! On instagram, check out ap.the.pac (urgent care PA in Hawaii) and thepaplatform (derm PA in Georgia who runs the Pre-PA Club). Both accounts have frequent virtual shadowing opportunities that you can register for. I've been able to see a ton of specialties so far including emergency med, oncology, anorectal surgery, family med/street med, etc. Hope that helps!! 

11 minutes ago, asengler said:

I'm not sure if they accept MD/DO shadowing, but I do have some resources you could look into for virtual PA shadowing! On instagram, check out ap.the.pac (urgent care PA in Hawaii) and thepaplatform (derm PA in Georgia who runs the Pre-PA Club). Both accounts have frequent virtual shadowing opportunities that you can register for. I've been able to see a ton of specialties so far including emergency med, oncology, anorectal surgery, family med/street med, etc. Hope that helps!! 

Oh perfect I will definitely look into those. Thanks so much! 

• 2 weeks later...

I interviewed on the 15th and have received a call that I was accepted!  Feel free to message me if you have accepted a spot and are looking for some support leading up to the start as well! 🙂 

Also.... I'm very interested in living in this apartment in Alliance, if anyone is interested in a roommate.. let me know!🙂 I have been talking to the landlord and he said that he will have both units opened up in May if there is anyone else interested as well! Just email him! 

Edited by Mgibbons2

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Odinbear13 said:

Interviewed November 20th and have not heard anything back. From what I see it looks like they get back to you within a few short days if accepted. Not getting my hopes up for sure 😞

I interviewed October 28th and still haven’t heard back yet so I feel ya lol. I hope everyone hears some type of good news this cycle! 

33 minutes ago, asengler said:

Is anyone attending the virtual event tonight at 5PM? I haven't heard back since my interview but figured I would still attend just in case there's a sliver of hope lol

I haven’t heard back either, I interviewed 11/20 but why are they just now emailing us about this today?? 😞 I’m at work and I guess I’ll have to try to get out early for it. I don’t want to seem disinterested 

29 minutes ago, Odinbear13 said:

I haven’t heard back either, I interviewed 11/20 but why are they just now emailing us about this today?? 😞 I’m at work and I guess I’ll have to try to get out early for it. I don’t want to seem disinterested 

Sorry I think I wasn't very clear! I registered for this virtual event with current students right after my interview on 10/28. They sent an email the day of my interview with three dates for the virtual event and I chose the one today. Hope that clears things up! Was just curious if anyone else signed up for the same event. 

I interviewed on Dec 2 and got a call today that I got accepted!! I already paid my deposit in another place so I will be giving up my seat (what a bummer 😕 cuz I kinda like their mission statement). I really hope it goes to one of you guys on the waitlist! Best of luck~~

Edited by Poenaychi
  • Like 1