Mount Union 2020-2021 Application Cycle

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2020 at 4:35 PM, jcitalia110 said:

Received an invite! I am beyond excited with the possibility of attending Mount Union

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received an invite on Friday as well. For those of you who were invited, what date did you schedule for? Curios to hear/see what the interviews are like over Zoom!

22 hours ago, kkudela11 said:

I received an invite on Friday as well. For those of you who were invited, what date did you schedule for? Curios to hear/see what the interviews are like over Zoom!

Congrats! When did you apply? And if you don’t mind me asking, what are your stats?

aliciah22 and jcitalia110 when did you both apply? And would you mind sharing your stats?

thanks! 

On 9/29/2020 at 3:11 PM, Lawrena2 said:

Congrats! When did you apply? And if you don’t mind me asking, what are your stats?

aliciah22 and jcitalia110 when did you both apply? And would you mind sharing your stats?

thanks! 

Thanks! And no problem, I applied in early July.

B.S. in Health science from Kent State University

cGPA: 3.68

sGPA: slightly higher, I don't remember the CASPA calculated GPA

Healthcare Experience: 2,000+ hours as a Nursing Assistant (Med-Surg floor)

Shadowing: ~60 hours shadowing 5 different PA's from various fields

Volunteer Experience: 140+ hours during my undergrad with a hospital foundation

LoR: 1 from professor (PhD), 1 from supervisor for volunteer work, 1 from nursing supervisor for my job (BSN, RN), 1 from nursing manager from my floor(BSN, RN), 1 from PA-C that I did majority of my shadowing hours with

Miscellaneous: active in undergrad programs, tour guide for the college, marketing ambassador, etc.

This is also my second round of applications. I applied and interviewed last year (not this program) so I have had plenty of time to polish my resume/personal statement, etc.

Edited by kkudela11
edit

On 9/29/2020 at 3:11 PM, Lawrena2 said:

thanks! 

Yes! They're not like anything spectacular, but here they are!

1100 hours PCE

sGPA 3.82

CGPA 3.89

~250 hours volunteering

60 hours shadowing

•  

8 minutes ago, MadisonO20 said:

Hello everybody!! I had my interview on 10/7 and accepted an offer today on 10/14. They called me around noon and followed up shortly after with an email. I wish you all the best of luck, and hope I get the chance to meet some, if not all, of you soon! 😇

Hey! What was your interview like? Congrats!

14 hours ago, gkdhal7 said:

Hey! What was your interview like? Congrats!

Thank you! There are 3 mini interview sessions, each 20 minutes long. I thought the interviews were very comfortable and that everybody was just trying to get a feel for who you are and why this is the profession you’ve chosen. Just be yourself and I am sure you will do fantastic! Good luck! 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MadisonO20 said:

Thank you! There are 3 mini interview sessions, each 20 minutes long. I thought the interviews were very comfortable and that everybody was just trying to get a feel for who you are and why this is the profession you’ve chosen. Just be yourself and I am sure you will do fantastic! Good luck! 

I love that!! That makes me feel much more comfortable going into the interview. Congrats and good luck to everyone!! 

2 hours ago, MadisonO20 said:

Thank you!! You were right- the interview was super laid back! Just had mine. Fingers crossed!! 

Does anybody know if Mount accepts shadowing hours of a MD/DO? On their website they only mention PA shadowing, but I feel like a lot of schools will accept either. I'm kind of in a crunch to get shadowing hours and there is a lot of virtual physician shadowing I can find, but struggling to find PA shadowing during these times. So if anyone knows about this and could let me know, that would help a lot. Thanks!