Emergency Medicine Question

Do you guys have any recommendations on any emergency medicine books I can purchase to study? As mentioned in earlier posts; I am interested in working at an UC or ER.

My background is inpatient cardiology and inpatient palliative medicine.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you looking for actual texts or things to carry around? 

For on shift, Emergency medicine pocket book. Text, I have tintanilli’s, but like Rosen better. A little more intellectual. There are lots more for wilderness medicine, tox, resuscitations, but I rather just have an EMRAP subscription that’s comes with corependium and listen to crack cast as well for the beginner.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GetMeOuttaThisMess said:

EMA->now EM-RAP was my knowledge base/reference when I started/continued in EM. EM-RAP bought out EMA w/ Bukata/Hoffman a couple of years back. Texts are outdated when published. Web-based in theory is up to the minute. You can always go online and search their database when needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. EMA section still exists on EMRAP and is great. Beginners still need texts though. Gotta learn the basics before you start learning all the advanced stuff that probably isn’t even standard of care yet.

1 hour ago, Cideous said:

Yes the text I would recommend to becoming competent and not a liability in the ER is called an, ER RESIDENCY.....

*cough* * ahem* it’s an EM residency. I work in an emergency room, I specialize in EM 😉 lol

I don’t really care, but some people do make a stink over this. Mostly people who are from the old days when EM was new and not taken seriously as a specialty because they thought any physician could work in an emergency room. Sounds familiar though...

1 hour ago, LT_Oneal_PAC said:

*cough* * ahem* it’s an EM residency. I work in an emergency room, I specialize in EM 😉 lol

I don’t really care, but some people do make a stink over this. Mostly people who are from the old days when EM was new and not taken seriously as a specialty because they thought any physician could work in an emergency room. Sounds familiar though...

haha yeah, I did EM *tm without a residency but I had GREAT docs and never worked alone.  That was 25 years ago though.  Today a new grad needs a residency IMO.  Even if it is not required now, there will come a day when it will be and they will be ahead of the game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1