CASPA GPA Calc

I talked to CASPA today and the turn around time is 3 weeks. I am freaking out because I just turned my application in yesterday, and some of my schools apps are due Oct. 1. I had no idea it was going to take this long! I'm screwed.

Check with the schools you're applying to because most of them want the application turned in to CASPA by the deadline. The school itself doesn't have to have it then. At least that's what the schools I'm applying to said. Good luck!

Well when I submitted the gentleman that I spoke with said that they were at 4 weeks for processing---and mine didnt take that long....2.5 weeks and thats couting weekends plus had several transcripts.

Like I said I would specifically ask what date they are working on that will give you an idea how close they are to you.

As for the deadline, like annabug said...most schools want it submitted to CASPA by a certain date....with that said, schools typically want the supplemental completed by that date also or at least around that date. A few of mine the submittal date aand supplemental date were the same date. I would suggest if the programs have a supplemental application and allow you access, I would go ahead and fill them out and get them submitted now. I submitted a few of mine way ahead of my CASPA application.

From CASPA website:

Q: When is my GPA calculated?

A: CASPA does NOT begin to calculate your GPA until your application is considered “COMPLETE.” For your application to be considered complete, the following criteria must be met:

• All official transcripts must be received by CASPA
  • Two out of your three letters of reference must be received by CASPA
  • You must e-submit your application
  • All application fees must be paid
  • Please note that once your application is considered complete, it may take up to four weeks for your GPA to be calculated and your application mailed out to your schools.

• Administrator
I talked to CASPA today and the turn around time is 3 weeks. I am freaking out because I just turned my application in yesterday, and some of my schools apps are due Oct. 1. I had no idea it was going to take this long! I'm screwed.

You were "screwed" a long time ago. "On time" is fatally late in the vast majority of cases.

On the upside, you're likely going to be in a great position to apply for next cycle.

Archived