Hello, I am having a lot of trouble trying to narrow down schools to apply to. Where I currently live, most of the schools nearby I cannot apply to because of my stats so I am seeking out of state options. I am ending my sophomore year so I still have another year before I can begin applying (and another year to continue to boost my GPA). Any help would be appreciated!

GPA currently: 3.426 ( My last semester has not been added in still and my science GPA would be similar)

I am not taking Ochem 2 or biochem but I have planned/taken genetics, cell bio, microbio, ochem 1, 2 semesters of general bio and 2 semesters of general chem, med term, med ethics, anatomy, physiology, and most other pre-reqs. My main issue is that I have AP credit for statistics that my university accepts for my BS degree but I have noticed that there are some PA schools that do not accept that. I am also extremely involved  and by the time I apply, I will have a high number of service/leadership hours (President of my schools Pre-PA Association, chapter correspondent and philanthropy committee for my sorority, recruitment chair for the universities Relay for Life, and involved in other orgs). I have worked as a nursing assistant at the city's major hospital for over a year and I am seeking another job as a scribe in the ER. I have not begun shadowing yet because of COVID affecting my summer opportunities. 

If you have experience in applying or likes/dislikes of literally any schools, I would appreciate it! I am not trying to decide on a school right now, I am simply trying to gain insight on potential schools to apply to since the ones near me are not options (Ohio/Michigan area). I have started a detailed list of schools I have researched, but I am struggling to find realistic options and those that I would be able to apply to.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1