4 minutes ago, jam999 said:

I got my acceptance call Monday evening! For those also accepted Monday, have you received the email with instructions on how to pay the deposit yet? 

I still have not received an email. Considering sending a follow up email to Kandee this evening if I still have not received anything by end of day. 

On 9/30/2020 at 7:16 PM, ReedRoberts said:

I emailed Kandee a few hours ago and didn't get a response. Kind of glad I'm not the only one. What time are you interviewing?

Hey there, I am in a similar situation. My interview is tomorrow and I still did not get an email with the zoom link. When did you receive yours?

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, VeroHaley said:

I got the call from Kandee today. I can’t wait to meet my new classmates!! Holy cow so excited! Interviewed Nov. 17th AM session. 

Hey congrats! I remember you, I interviewed the same day, we had an awesome interview group! I also was accepted! Can't wait! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Jryland said:

Yeah just a tiny bit.. idk what it could potentially entail

From my understanding you are eligible to take the PANCE as long as the program is accredited at time of matriculation, so we would be eligible no matter what. From what I’ve read if at the review in 2022 accreditation is revoked they would either “teach out” and finish our class but not matriculate a new one or we would finish the program at a nearby program that they arrange. So I guess no matter what we would be okay but still scary. 

I talked to a program director of another program that I work with a about it. She actually looked it up on ACRP and told me that it is for a small documentation issue. It has nothing to do with our clinical sites or our education! She said I shouldn’t worry and that it shouldn’t sway my decision of going to this program. I’m going to be there for the zoom meeting to hear it from them as well but it put my mind at ease so I figured I would share! 

• Like 3

Hey everyone!

The zoom meeting was essentially reiterating the email that was sent to us a week ago. This will not affect current or incoming students at all, meaning at the end of all this we will still get a valid degree and become certified PAs. It does not affect the clinical sites either. Dr. Bolton was extremely transparent and you could tell she is doing everything in her power to resolve this issue. What happened was there was a self study done with some missing or incomplete documentation from 2014. Prior to the official probationary decision, the Nova Jax administration filed for an appeal this year with ARC PA for their accreditation decision for the program at its review in Sept 2020 but ARC PA did not accept the appeal. The day they received this information is when the program was officially on probationary status and that is when they notified everyone (12/15). She said she is working day and night to fix this for the next review in 2022. She informed us that in the 'rare' instance that accreditation was revoked that we would have a "teach out" at the Jacksonville campus, not at another program. In my opinion, it was extremely reassuring to hear Dr. Bolton explain everything to us and I really respect the way she has handled this. You can tell she is really motivated and there was no beating around the bush. I personally feel confident that her and the rest of the faculty are going to fix this for the next ARC PA review. 

Edited by mw1996
  • Like 2