• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Fernanda said:

Hi guys !! Question, for the document section in caspa for CV/RESUME. What are you adding ? The same 1 page resume or longer ? Are you including references and a cover letter ? Or? I don’t know what to include ! Please help🙏🏼🤗

It's optional, I think, but I'm only going to upload a 1-page resume. No references or cover letter--I consider the evaluations my references and the application and supplemental is the "cover letter." 

On 5/26/2020 at 10:09 AM, Elliott2019 said:

It's optional, I think, but I'm only going to upload a 1-page resume. No references or cover letter--I consider the evaluations my references and the application and supplemental is the "cover letter." 

That's what I did. I always upload a resume if given an option, but nothing else fancy.

Received the supplemental application today. Is anyone else confused as to why they basically want you to restate all the information that is already on CASPA? Is this a test to see if we can enter the information correctly, or is there any alternative purpose for it? I want to make sure I fill it out correctly. Thanks!

• Like 1

I’m filling out the supplemental application today and I’m confused about a question. It asks us to list all PA programs we are applying to this year and the past. Is this only if we got or had an interview with them? Or do they want us to list all of the ones we applied to regardless? 

4 hours ago, cbacon25 said:

Received the supplemental application today. Is anyone else confused as to why they basically want you to restate all the information that is already on CASPA? Is this a test to see if we can enter the information correctly, or is there any alternative purpose for it? I want to make sure I fill it out correctly. Thanks!

I was thinking the same thing, hoping they're not trying to trick us! I am basically just shortening my CASPA experiences to 1-2 sentences. @Jryland, I am only listing the schools I applied to this year as I did not recieve any interview invites last cycle and I did not apply to any NSU schools last cycle. That's just my take on it

• Like 1

How are you guys going about answering the question about "Describe any circumstances that you feel might aid the admissions committee in their evaluation of your application."I dont feel like this is the appropriate place to discuss covid related stuff but maybe im wrong

On 6/1/2020 at 5:23 PM, alwayssearching2012 said:

How have you liked the program so far? Do you feel that it is structured and that you are supported by the professors? Also, how is living in Jax if you have any insight on that? This is my top choice out of the Nova programs 🙂

Hey sorry! Just seeing this. 

I loved Nova Jax when I interviewed. The facility are great! They truly care about the student and they are very supportive, you deff get that vibe during the interview. Obviously, things are a bit different since we are doing everything online this semester, theres a learning curve on both sides. 
So far, I really like Jacksonville! I live in a cool part of town about 15 minutes from campus. Again, with covid and classes I haven’t had too much time to explore but so far I really like it! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alden said:

Maybe I am being a little sensitive....but I submitted my caspa about 2 weeks ago. Received an email asking if I had completed the supplemental application. I wrote back and said I did not and to please resend it. Then I got an email back asking about my GRE scores because they are not good. I took it last year and had a bad test day and my retake day is in a week. So basically I was more or less denied a supplemental application until I answered her question about the GRE. I am a little put off by that. I understand its a concern, but it clearly states on my application my retake day. I am not impressed at all. I should have the same opportunity as every other student applying. Anyone have any thoughts?

How bad was your GRE?

30 minutes ago, Elliott2019 said:

How bad was your GRE?

That isn't the point. Every applicant has the right to submit a supplemental application regardless. My quant was below the 40th percentile. And im scheduled to retake it. But why was I made to "plead my case?" I should have been sent a supplemental application because thats what I asked for. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Elliott2019 said:

I'm not sure.. I literally just applied maybe 15 minutes ago and this is my first (and hopefully, only) cycle. 

Hopefully we'll both here back shortly and receive an interview offer! I just recently submitted my applications and I did not realize how nervous it would be after hitting the submit button on CASPA. This is my first time applying as well and hopefully only cycle as well! I am interested in their PA/MPH program.

• Like 1