Hey everyone,

For those of you accepted - does anyone have plans/thoughts on housing in the area yet? I'm currently in Gainesville and thinking I'll take a weekend to go house searching in the next month or so (I'm thinking Jax-Atlantic Beach area - walking distance to the ocean). I wish they made that FB group for us already so we could start meeting each other and maybe find some roommates!

Side note: Stoked to attend this PA program with you all - I was really impressed with the transparency of the situation during the accreditation meeting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zach1 said:

Hey everyone,

For those of you accepted - does anyone have plans/thoughts on housing in the area yet? I'm currently in Gainesville and thinking I'll take a weekend to go house searching in the next month or so (I'm thinking Jax-Atlantic Beach area - walking distance to the ocean). I wish they made that FB group for us already so we could start meeting each other and maybe find some roommates!

Side note: Stoked to attend this PA program with you all - I was really impressed with the transparency of the situation during the accreditation meeting.

If you can swing the cost I definitely recommend Atlantic beach over Jax beach! I was born and raised in Jacksonville so if anyone has any questions about housing/areas of town please feel free to reach out! I’ve already accepted my seat at Nova Jax and I’m very excited!

Hannah Dickinson

(904) 576-0403

• Like 5

On 12/25/2020 at 4:46 PM, Zach1 said:

Hey everyone,

I'm in Gainesville too, I know there are a couple other Nova Jax c/o 2023 students in town too! We all should meet up for coffee or something! I'm so pumped!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 9:02 AM, mw1996 said:

Hey everyone!

The zoom meeting was essentially reiterating the email that was sent to us a week ago. This will not affect current or incoming students at all, meaning at the end of all this we will still get a valid degree and become certified PAs. It does not affect the clinical sites either. Dr. Bolton was extremely transparent and you could tell she is doing everything in her power to resolve this issue. What happened was there was a self study done with some missing or incomplete documentation from 2014. Prior to the official probationary decision, the Nova Jax administration filed for an appeal this year with ARC PA for their accreditation decision for the program at its review in Sept 2020 but ARC PA did not accept the appeal. The day they received this information is when the program was officially on probationary status and that is when they notified everyone (12/15). She said she is working day and night to fix this for the next review in 2022. She informed us that in the 'rare' instance that accreditation was revoked that we would have a "teach out" at the Jacksonville campus, not at another program. In my opinion, it was extremely reassuring to hear Dr. Bolton explain everything to us and I really respect the way she has handled this. You can tell she is really motivated and there was no beating around the bush. I personally feel confident that her and the rest of the faculty are going to fix this for the next ARC PA review. 

Hi! I have a question regarding this review process. I have been accepted at another school in FL and it seems they are undergoing the same probation process on the same timeline as Nova JAX. During the meeting y'all had at Nova JAX, was there a mention of a focused site visit and when that would occur if they mentioned that? I am trying to figure out a timeline and how the ARC-PA does things like that. Unfortunately I have yet to hear back from my program about this so I have asked them already. If you have any further info you could provide that would be great! Thanks! 

11 hours ago, KarenPost said:

Hi! I have a question regarding this review process. I have been accepted at another school in FL and it seems they are undergoing the same probation process on the same timeline as Nova JAX. During the meeting y'all had at Nova JAX, was there a mention of a focused site visit and when that would occur if they mentioned that? I am trying to figure out a timeline and how the ARC-PA does things like that. Unfortunately I have yet to hear back from my program about this so I have asked them already. If you have any further info you could provide that would be great! Thanks! 

Hey yes! So they told us the focused site visit would be some time before the review in September 2022. 

On 1/30/2021 at 2:04 PM, prepastudent369 said:

Hi everyone, I received an interview invite yesterday and wanted to ask if anyone had advice about the interview and if someone could briefly explain the interview process. Is it writing, group and individual or are there changes to this since its on zoom? 

Any help is appreciated thank you:) 

Congrats! Do you mind me asking when you applied? I applied super late in the cycle, so I’m just wanting to gage if I have any chance of even being considered haha

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I just received an interview invite(applied really late in the cycle) and I was wondering if anyone could give me some overall information about their interview? Was it your typical, traditional interview questions, and how was the group interview like? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Super anxious! And congrats to those accepted! 

• 2 weeks later...