$13,000/week NYC per Diem opportunities right now?

2 hours ago, ventana said:

so they are subcontractors - hospital is likely paying north of $250/hour (guessing)

Yeah the way the recruiter explained it to me is that the government is giving out big contracts (eg Caliburn) and then those contracts are subcontracted out to a bunch of recruiting/ staffing companies. Not sure who is footing the bulk of the bill but I assume state and fed government.

Just found out my credentialing for the new position i was suppose be starting in May has now been pushed back, now will not start early June at the earliest. Essentially now out of work for a month as I have already put in my notice at my current employer.  Currently a rural hospitalist PA in an open ICU with 2 years of experience working in an autonomous environment. Let me know if anyone hears of any good Locum assignments. I’m in my late 20s, married without children and no health co-morbidites so I’m not opposed to Locums related to COVID patients.

I would love to see where people are seeing openings for PA short term contract work.  Krucial has not posted anything for PA/NP in a while, all RN positions.  I am open to it.  My Company offered a volunteer 30 day furlough if you want it, with a guarantee to get your full time job back. 

On 4/9/2020 at 2:04 PM, ventana said:

so they are subcontractors - hospital is likely paying north of $250/hour (guessing)

no now way in heck i would do that for low $100's

$200/hr

Take this for what it may/may not be worth. I have a friend of friend who is a healthcare recruiter, not sure company, so second hand info.  Apparently she is really enjoying the benefits of healthcare needs. Based on what I was told, her take home is better if the provider accepts less, so sounds like some negotiations go on. 

• 2 weeks later...

I did this, I just got back from my 21 day assignment.  Nothing but good things to say about Krucial - the company that I went through.

It is not all about the money.  I went for the patients suffering from covid, and for the overwhelmed medical staff on the front lines in NYC that needed my help.  A huge majority of patients are dying not just from covid specifically, but from complications they would never die from in a 'normal' circumstance, due to overwhelmed staff and ridiculous patient-nurse ratios. They need people with medical training to help. 

yes the pay was nice, but I couldn't sit this one out on the sidelines and watch from afar any longer, I needed to help and I did.

The hospital I was assigned to was completely over run, me and a team of travel nurses turned an old TB ward that hasn't been used for patients in 20 years into a fully functioning ICU and we staffed it every night for 21 days straight (I worked nights). We had one attending doc that was an Intensivist and also covering the main ICU upstairs. 

It is not all about the money.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

22 hours ago, danking704 said:

The hospital I was assigned to was completely over run, me and a team of travel nurses turned an old TB ward that hasn't been used for patients in 20 years into a fully functioning ICU and we staffed it every night for 21 days straight (I worked nights). We had one attending doc that was an Intensivist and also covering the main ICU upstairs. 

It is not all about the money.

Sounds awesome! I would love to hear more about your experience. I assume that you were working as a PA? Do you have recent critical care or hospitalist experience? How many patient were you covering?