$13,000/week NYC per Diem opportunities right now?

10 hours ago, MyNameWasUsed said:

My NP colleague just told me that they're paying mid levels $13,000 PER WEEK to work in NYC for 2 months due tot he COVID outbreak. Anybody heard of this offer? A link would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance. 

Very interesting! I’m assuming it’s for urgent care, ED? Or other specialties too? (Side note: don’t refer to us as “midlevels” 🙂 )

1 hour ago, PA-C said:

Very interesting! I’m assuming it’s for urgent care, ED? Or other specialties too? (Side note: don’t refer to us as “midlevels” 🙂 )

I got the email. I think it is for managing covid tents in the parking lots of NYC hospitals. 12 hr shifts. 21 days on, 2 days off, repeat.

no thanks.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Mayamom said:

21 days on 2 off??? You've got to be kidding.  I used to work 3 jobs as a young PA but that's near impossible.

Sounds like commercial fishing in Alaska: You work so hard, when you get your ridiculously fat paycheck, you feel like drinking it. 😞

• Like 2

Quick math.....   12 hour shifts x 7 days a week = 84 hours a week working.  $13000 / 84 hours = (about) $155.  You are probably 1099 so that really is not that much money for a brutal schedule. Any 1099 want to chime in on how much you have to take out for taxes and what not? 

Maybe the work is not hard, but I suspect you are seeing a lot of people.  The $13000 a week sounds awesome until you break it down.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, cc56 said:

Quick math.....   12 hour shifts x 7 days a week = 84 hours a week working.  $13000 / 84 hours = (about) $155.  You are probably 1099 so that really is not that much money for a brutal schedule. Any 1099 want to chime in on how much you have to take out for taxes and what not? 

Maybe the work is not hard, but I suspect you are seeing a lot of people.  The $13000 a week sounds awesome until you break it down.  

then the whole "living in a sea of COVID" crap and high stress....

nope

I would only consider for $200/hour local where I don't have to travel

On 3/31/2020 at 12:37 PM, cc56 said:

I'm 1099 and pay about 25% in taxes between federal and state.

• Like 2

Guest HanSolo

Yeah, I would be curious to hear about people's experience if anyone ended up taking a spot.

Personally, not interested at all, even though it is greater than double my hourly rate. Now, if I was laid off or furloughed, then the equation starts to change in my mind. 

I have been following several FB groups that are there with Krucial.     I am considering this since I have been furloughed but have not signed up yet since I am trying to get more information.   The money sounds great but it is 12 hour shifts for 21 days straight.     They bus you to your assignment - you leave the hotel at 5am or 5pm based on which shift you get - and you get back around 9p/9 a after the bus brings you back to the hotel.    So, those are 14 hour days (or nights) for 21 days straight.     Seeing high reports of staff becoming ill and having to leave - understandable.     Depending on what state you reside in - you may have to do 14 day quarantine in NY or home - so it is essentially a 5 week time frame.     You are exempt from Federal taxes but do have to pay NY taxes.     If they had shorter assignments - or a day off in between that might be better but I am not sure I could do the long days (or nights) for 21 days straight.      For myself doing FP for the past 21 years, this would be jumping into the fire - I have never done any length of time in ICU/CCU let alone managing patients on a vent.   But it would be a great training and once in a lifetime experience.      

• Like 2

I spoke with a recruiter about a NYC position. A lot of the staffing companies are actually subcontractors for Caliburn. The details I got for a particular assignment were 155/hr up to 40 hours then 1.25x rate after that, so 193/hr. Likely worked like a dog but to earn >$42k in a single month had its appeal. Significant other said no, so I'll just stay in my area, see the same stuff (albeit not on the NYC scale as of yet), and receive normal pay.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dphy83 said:

I spoke with a recruiter about a NYC position. A lot of the staffing companies are actually subcontractors for Caliburn. The details I got for a particular assignment were 155/hr up to 40 hours then 1.25x rate after that, so 193/hr. Likely worked like a dog but to earn >$42k in a single month had its appeal. Significant other said no, so I'll just stay in my area, see the same stuff (albeit not on the NYC scale as of yet), and receive normal pay.

so they are subcontractors - hospital is likely paying north of $250/hour (guessing)

no now way in heck i would do that for low $100's

$200/hr

• Like 1