2019-2020 Cycle

16 hours ago, MeganManc said:

I just got my acceptance email today from the 12/10 interview!! I'm so excited! Especially now that can tell my family good news when they question me over the holidays lol. I highly recommend applying to usciences I really fell in love during the interview day. 

Congrats!! Could you tell us more about what you learned about the program and the interview process? 

On 12/21/2019 at 5:00 PM, MeganManc said:

I just got my acceptance email today from the 12/10 interview!! I'm so excited! Especially now that can tell my family good news when they question me over the holidays lol. I highly recommend applying to usciences I really fell in love during the interview day. 

I received my acceptance from the 12/10 interview last night too!! Loved the campus and the program. The interview process was pretty quick and very relaxed.  

12 hours ago, dnkpa1 said:

Congrats!! Could you tell us more about what you learned about the program and the interview process? 

Of course! The program is going to be accepting 40 students for the Fall 2020 class, December 10th was their first interview date and they have a brand new faculty. The interview was pretty relaxed and they make sure you get a lot of info about the program so you can decide that you like it there. Its definitely worth applying even though it feels late! Don't let all the other programs deadlines discourage you from applying here because the application/interview process is just beginning!

On 12/21/2019 at 1:42 PM, sarahnPA said:

I currently need 134 hours to complete 500 hours but their deadline is in March, I was wondering if it is acceptable to apply now or wait till complete 500 hours?

They give you until August when classes start to complete the required hours so I would apply as early as you can! Also their website says they require 500 hours, but I also interviewed on 12/10 and they said they require 700 hours so I didn't quite understand that. Also, one of your LORs has to be from an MD/DO, even though they don't give any info about that on the website.

Congrats to those of you that got accepted! I'm on the waitlist but keeping my fingers crossed since it's still early and I really liked their program!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2019 at 2:35 AM, nts19 said:

They give you until August when classes start to complete the required hours so I would apply as early as you can! Also their website says they require 500 hours, but I also interviewed on 12/10 and they said they require 700 hours so I didn't quite understand that. Also, one of your LORs has to be from an MD/DO, even though they don't give any info about that on the website.

Congrats to those of you that got accepted! I'm on the waitlist but keeping my fingers crossed since it's still early and I really liked their program!

Do you know if they need the LOR from a Dr before an interview is offered? 

6 hours ago, dnkpa1 said:

Do you know if they need the LOR from a Dr before an interview is offered? 

No they don't, they just told me through email and at my interview to get it as soon as possible. At the interview each person meets with the admissions coordinator and gets a list of the program requirements and what they still need, but you don't have to have everything submitted until August when classes would start. They did the same thing with my friend who applied to their OT program, they gave him a conditional acceptance as long as he takes Physics by the time classes would start.

6 hours ago, rachnk said:

I was invited for the 1/28 interview date but then they told me they would have to reschedule me for a different date when they next one opens, maybe the spots filled before I had the chance to respond 😞 

has this happened to anyone else??

Sometimes you have to secure your seat within a certain amount of time, I know some of my emails for interviews said that. Could that be it?

I recently submitted my application, but have yet to receive an email from USciences specifically saying they received it. With other programs soon after I submitted on CASPA I got an email from the school themselves. Any info on when you received any confirmation from Usciences? 

Edited by kayywri

21 hours ago, kayywri said:

I recently submitted my application, but have yet to receive an email from USciences specifically saying they received it. With other programs soon after I submitted on CASPA I got an email from the school themselves. Any info on when you received any confirmation from Usciences? 

I think i got an email the next day confirming that they received my application, I would check your spam box or call/email Kate Jackson to verify if they received it. Her email and number should be on the admissions page. Also you can check the application status in CASPA to see if it was verified

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 7:52 PM, kayywri said:

The email I got from them confirming that they received everything was in junk mail if that helps!

16 hours ago, nts19 said:

I think i got an email the next day confirming that they received my application, I would check your spam box or call/email Kate Jackson to verify if they received it. Her email and number should be on the admissions page. Also you can check the application status in CASPA to see if it was verified

Thank you! I will be on the lookout for it but email Kate in the meantime!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...