Need suggestions for new PAY schedule, how do you do it in your ED?

We are currently being taken from a flat hourly rate to a new RVU based pay plan. I need ideas of what works well for all of you. We are a Level 3 trauma center as well as a primary stroke and MI center. As MLPs, we work in the main ED, not in fast track. My company is looking for a flat rate plus RVU figure. We are unique as we contract through an HCA mdical facility. So if you've seen those AWESOME billboards on the highway that stream real time waits, that's us (lovely!). So a big emphasis is placed on the MLPs to "greet at all costs", which amounts to us standing in front of the pt and giving a "welcome to Walmart" shpeel and ordering a few tests, we then can stop the clock and assure they have been "seen" in under 10 min and that billboard looks great. Most of us feel we should get a bonus for the month if we meet this goal of 10 or under.

SO would $60/hr, $5/hr bonus for greet time and RVU of $2/rvu sound reasonable?

Any suggestions or other ways that seem to work in your facility?

Thanks

Karen

your #s look good. also factor in retirement. many democratic groups do retirement based on yearly income in a range of 5-25%/yr.

I personally hate working based on production. I think it makes folks sloppy as they are always pushing to see one more pt/hr, etc and that leads to short cuts, bad documentation, etc.

just figure out what I am worth/hr and pay me that. I like 60-80/hr. not including retirement.

Archived