FGCU 2019-2020 Cycle

• healthcare3o0 changed the title to FGCU 2019-2020 Cycle
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dont forget to complete the FGCU Graduate application through the school website! You wont get a link or anything after CASPA submission. Once that graduate application is submitted it will show missing documentation listed (GRE, transcript, etc) but these submissions are not necessary until you have been offered admission. They'll still email you that they're missing, but you can disregard those.

• Like 1

We appreciate all of your questions about Florida Gulf Coast University. We have not changed any of our admission requirements for this current CASPA application cycle.

Our CASPA application cycle is open until January 15, 2020. Please note, all program prerequisites must be completed and submitted by the close of applications.  Review of applications will begin November 2019. Interviews for selected candidates will occur January through March 2020.

Applicants will also need to submit a supplemental application to the FGCU Graduate School   https://www.fgcu.edu/admissionsandaid/graduateadmissions/ . Copies of transcripts and GRE scores DO NOT need to be forwarded with the Graduate School application. We are able to view those documents from your CASPA application.

Please review our website for all current program information.  

https://www.fgcu.edu/mariebcollege/healthsciences/physicianassistantstudies-mpas.aspx

Good luck with your application and thank you for considering FGCU to begin your PA career.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ProgDirector said:

We appreciate all of your questions about Florida Gulf Coast University. We have not changed any of our admission requirements for this current CASPA application cycle.

Our CASPA application cycle is open until January 15, 2020. Please note, all program prerequisites must be completed and submitted by the close of applications.  Review of applications will begin November 2019. Interviews for selected candidates will occur January through March 2020.

Applicants will also need to submit a supplemental application to the FGCU Graduate School   https://www.fgcu.edu/admissionsandaid/graduateadmissions/ . Copies of transcripts and GRE scores DO NOT need to be forwarded with the Graduate School application. We are able to view those documents from your CASPA application.

Please review our website for all current program information.  

https://www.fgcu.edu/mariebcollege/healthsciences/physicianassistantstudies-mpas.aspx

Good luck with your application and thank you for considering FGCU to begin your PA career.

Great! Thank you for the information!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 5:28 PM, Jthepa said:

My SGPA is 3.7 something and my undergrad gpa is 3.26; I have 5 classes pending now with all A’s which should bring that up I hope. My GRE is low, 290 and retaking it in a couple weeks. I have around 9,000 Health care experience hours as well. I’m nervous about my stats to say the least.

I am in the same boat as you with GRE - 292. I feel like this is the only thing holding me back but I plan on retaking it as well. I pray I get in! One of my top schools. 

Goodluck everyone! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! Im applying to FGCU and my BCP gpa is a 2.91 😞 But I retook a couple courses post bacc to help that. Anyone know how they factor in retaking courses after graduation? Are they factored into the BCP or is it still going to remain the same while my post bacc GPA is a 4.0. Any advice is appreciated. Good luck to everyone applying! 

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2019 at 11:06 PM, Kareena94 said:

Hi! Im applying to FGCU and my BCP gpa is a 2.91 😞 But I retook a couple courses post bacc to help that. Anyone know how they factor in retaking courses after graduation? Are they factored into the BCP or is it still going to remain the same while my post bacc GPA is a 4.0. Any advice is appreciated. Good luck to everyone applying! 

I applied to FGCU with a similar BCP GPA, it was right under 3.0 but overall GPA at 3.75 and decent GRE scores and 16,000 direct patient care hours. I however did not have time to retake any science classes prior to applying. CASPA will factor in the courses to your total BCP GPA whether its pre or post bacc. After I applied, I received an email stating I did not meet the minimum requirements for FGCU (they require a minimum BCP GPA of 3.0) and that my application would not be reviewed. I'm curious to know if you received an interview invite or what happened with your application. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon, thank you for your patience during these challenging times. FGCU, like most colleges and universities, has transitioned to virtual learning and students are not on campus and faculty/staff are working remote from home. We are no longer conducting any additional interviews. We are beginning to make admission offers but the process may be a bit slower this year. We thank you for your understanding.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1