Deciding if I should take a low paying job for potential for growth?

I have been working in correctional medicine for 5 years and addiction medicine for 2 years. I feel my scope of practice is very narrow and I am looking to expand my skill set into mental health. I found a clinic that is willing to train me  for 2 weeks in mental health and it has ongoing support. Unfortunately, it’s 1099 and the job’s hourly rate is so low $55/ hr. The clinic will pay for health insurance, which I need to support my 2 kids.

Is it worth it to sign up for such a low paying job just so I can break into mental health and making my resume more marketable for future jobs?

When I was 1099 I budgeted $12-15/hr for additional taxes/expenses ect.  That's like $40/hr.  I made more then that in 1994.....

Also, they can not pay for health ins and leave you 1099.  They would have to pay you a lump sum and you buy it on the open market, which is expensive beyond all belief and all for a massive deductible.

What about malpractice with a tail?

All kinds of bad written all over this.