WSU 2019-2020 Application Cycle

• 3 weeks later...

Just to soothe some PA application stress and anxiety, here’s a general time line (based on last year only):

LATE October: Supplemental applications are sent out for qualified applicants. I received it on 10/29/18. These are released to everyone at the same time. 

Early/Mid December- Interview invites are sent out. (Mine was sent on 12/13/18). I believe they interview 150. 

Early-Mid January: Interviews. Generally, they offer three interview dates. Last year, they interviewed everyone before making calls. During my interview, they told us exactly when they would call by.

The Call: Acceptance calls are made to the top candidates. If you don’t get a call right away, it’s okay- it happens. Not everyone who got an acceptance call will accept. There’s still a chance that you could be on a flex list

[Accepted - Flex List- Waitlisted - Almost There List]

Late January- Waitlist letter and Almost letters are mailed out via snail mail. 

Anyways, I hope that helps everyone. Last year was my first time applying and I was refreshing my inbox every 5 minutes. Keep in mind that this was only based off 2018/19. 

Good luck to everyone! Don’t let the stress of applying get to you. I didn’t make it my first time, but I used it as my motivation to grow ☺️ It only takes one yes. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just FYI to anyone applying, I believe this year they are doing rolling applications so the sooner you submit your application the better chance you have of getting in.
It says on their requirements for admission page "The WSU PA Program does not have rolling admissions!" in bold letters at the top.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hi guys, 

I am thinking of applying but I know it is very late already. I know they don't do rolling admissions but how long after you guys submitted did you guys receive the supplemental application? It says the supplemental application is also due on September 1st so I am worried about time. Also was the supplemental app. time consuming? Thanks!

20 hours ago, Ann511 said:

Hi guys, 

I am thinking of applying but I know it is very late already. I know they don't do rolling admissions but how long after you guys submitted did you guys receive the supplemental application? It says the supplemental application is also due on September 1st so I am worried about time. Also was the supplemental app. time consuming? Thanks!

Hey,

Since they aren't rolling, I strongly recommend you still apply if you have the sufficient funds/time for it. I received my supplemental a few days after I submit my caspa. There is still time and you never know, it only takes 1 school 🙂

So I have not received my supplemental application email yet.  I submitted my application and got the conformation from WSU Aug 13th.  I am getting worried about things.  I was wondering if anyone was waiting this long between the two emails?  I know they probably have a lot coming in right now since it is about to close.  I'm just hoping I am not in this boat alone.

On 7/29/2019 at 3:18 AM, cilbi said:

Does anyone know how big of a factor being in vs. out of state is? I'm struggling to find any information here.

Since state programs receive state funds, they must accept roughly 80% of their applicants from that state. They are providing the funds in hopes of increasing the number of PAs in their state and residents are more likely to stay. 

This is true for any state program, unless otherwise stated. Some schools consider contiguous states as in state as well. 

Edited by Kansas57

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:47 AM, Mbwqplk3 said:

So I have not received my supplemental application email yet.  I submitted my application and got the conformation from WSU Aug 13th.  I am getting worried about things.  I was wondering if anyone was waiting this long between the two emails?  I know they probably have a lot coming in right now since it is about to close.  I'm just hoping I am not in this boat alone.

CASPA confirmed on 06/17. Graduate application confirmed on 07/17. I emailed asking if they needing anything additionally from me on 08/06 (because I still hadn't received a supplemental) and the supplemental was received on 08/09 confirmed completed on 08/15. I was concerned that they had overlooked my application so I emailed asking if they needed anything additionally from me before the 09/01 due date, I'm not sure if its great advice but it worked for me? I would maybe contact them since 09/01 is approaching quickly. Hope this helps! I was in the same boat with you there for awhile!

On 8/23/2019 at 8:03 PM, SydneyLaurent said:

Anyone know when they will let us know about interviews? Already received and submitted my supplemental application. 

Last year, I got an invite in early December for a January interview date. However since it looks like interviews will be held in November and December this year, I'm assuming invites may go out in October or early November.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I can guarantee that they will be moving their admissions process up earlier in the year since KSU is in the process of starting a program that will have a January start date. 

This is new territory, so I honestly have no idea when they will be hosting interviews this year. Hopefully it’s soon! I’m so excited for their interviews.   

I can guarantee that they will be moving their admissions process up earlier in the year since KSU is in the process of starting a program that will have a January start date. 
This is new territory, so I honestly have no idea when they will be hosting interviews this year. Hopefully it’s soon! I’m so excited for their interviews.   

I got the supplemental a few days ago and turned it in. I wasn’t sure if it was just me so I do feel better. I know all the schools got a lot more applicants this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk