WSU 2019-2020 Application Cycle

I just got an email saying they received my supplemental application and fees. Says the tentative dates for interviews (just that there are 2 in November and 1 in December) and that people who are offered seats will receive offer letters in early January.

It also says that they are going to consider those who submitted all applications early in the admission cycle will receive first consideration for on-site interviews.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I submitted mine early but it took awhile for them to email me. I payed the fees today. Thanks for letting me know! I can’t remember do they have rolling admissions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Prior to this year, no. As someone else said earlier though, it seems they are starting to this year. I have a friend who is a first year and they told me that as well. The wording of the email I received today made it sound that way.

I am not sure if that means they will fill seats in a rolling fashion, or just review applications and offer interviews that way and wait until the last interview to offer any seats.

12 minutes ago, vanapricot said:

Prior to this year, no. As someone else said earlier though, it seems they are starting to this year. I have a friend who is a first year and they told me that as well. The wording of the email I received today made it sound that way.

I am not sure if that means they will fill seats in a rolling fashion, or just review applications and offer interviews that way and wait until the last interview to offer any seats.

Okay. Great. Thanks for the information!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, vanapricot said:

I submitted my supplemental on August 23rd and received an email September 6th that they had received it. My deadline for the supplemental application was September 1st.

Was this the email you received?

Thank you for applying to the WSU PA Program.
We have successfully received your Supplemental Application!

If you haven't already done so, the $75 processing fee may be paid online through this  Fee Payment Link or copy/paste the following URL into your internet browser:   https://secure.touchnet.com/C21797_ustores/web/store_main.jsp?STOREID=17&SINGLESTORE=true.

Thank you,
Wichita State University
Department of Physician Assistant
Office of Admissions Watermark.php?UID=UR_eP82CzvvQKHS5k9&EMD

Was this the email you received?
Thank you for applying to the WSU PA Program.
We have successfully received your Supplemental Application!

If you haven't already done so, the $75 processing fee may be paid online through this  Fee Payment Link or copy/paste the following URL into your internet browser:   https://secure.touchnet.com/C21797_ustores/web/store_main.jsp?STOREID=17&SINGLESTORE=true.

Thank you,
Wichita State University
Department of Physician Assistant
Office of Admissions Watermark.php?UID=UR_eP82CzvvQKHS5k9&EMD=EMD_8zTXdNsY8mUhKZv&CGC=MLRP_bmH1csKqBRZ399H
No, I received that immediately after submitting my supplemental application and fee. The email I received on the 6th was the one with the tentative interview dates.

No, I received that immediately after submitting my supplemental application and fee. The email I received on the 6th was the one with the tentative interview dates.

That’s what I just received. Will they tell us either way if we get an interview or rejection ?

On 9/17/2019 at 9:29 AM, vanapricot said:

I have a feeling we will not hear anything else until after the 20th at the earliest because that is the later deadline people were give for supplemental applications.

How many deadline dates are there? 

Last year, interview dates went out roughly 1 month in advance. They probably have a lot of applications to sift through....

15 hours ago, Hmhguy95 said:

Does anyone know many out of state students they accept? Is it just a few or is it more like half their class? 

Since states fund public schools, there is a general requirement that roughly 80% (39ish out of 46) students of the accepted applicants are in-state. This means that roughly 9 non-KS students will be accepted. 

Edited by Kansas57

9 hours ago, Kansas57 said:

Since states fund public schools, there is a general requirement that roughly 80% (39ish out of 46) students of the accepted applicants are in-state. This means that roughly 9 non-KS students will be accepted. 

I actually found a pdf online detailing the admitted stats for the class of 2013. They accepted a little less than 40% out of state. I know these aren’t recent stats but I can’t imagine they would change that much. Some public university based pa programs accept more out of state than others. Feeling a little more hopeful now. 

I actually found a pdf online detailing the admitted stats for the class of 2013. They accepted a little less than 40% out of state. I know these aren’t recent stats but I can’t imagine they would change that much. Some public university based pa programs accept more out of state than others. Feeling a little more hopeful now. 

[/

I am guessing since the most recent email with tentative dates as November-2 and December -1, We will hear about interviews anytime this month because last year we heard about 4 weeks prior. 

Did they send out invites for you specifically or send out a bunch and first come first serve not guaranteeing you an actual interview?

I am not sure how to directly reply to you Britt069 on the forum! But, last year we received emails specifically for our interview and the date/time of that interview. I received my interview date early December, and my interview was on January 7th. I think I had about three weeks to prepare. 

I am not sure how to directly reply to you Britt069 on the forum! But, last year we received emails specifically for our interview and the date/time of that interview. I received my interview date early December, and my interview was on January 7th. I think I had about three weeks to prepare. 

Okay. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...