WSU 2019-2020 Application Cycle

That's the entire foundation of the pa profession. I'm in your corner, I've got a lot of life experience. 16+ years in the military, EMS experience, good grades, and a proven desire to work in a rural area. I'm waitlisted at 2 schools, still haven't heard back from Wichita State. Got my supplemental on August 15th and it was submitted the 16th. These programs are turning into nurse practitioner programs. It's going to kill the profession as we know it.

4 hours ago, HayesM7294 said:

Has anyone received an invite to the second interview day in November? I have yet to hear anything either way so I'm just curious where they are in the cycle. 

I got a phone call last Friday for an interview spot this week. I believe someone must have declined their spot and I might have been on the list for the second day of interviews. I submitted close to the CASPA deadline and supplemental close to the late deadline so I am guessing they're getting ready to send out more invites!

• Like 1

I know that this is frustrating, but there’s a silver lining to this situation. In the past, they interviewed everyone in a relatively short period of time and made their decision shortly afterwards. 

Perhaps they are slowing down so they can give each application the time that it deserves? 

Also, it appears that 2-3 weeks in advance is how early they are notifying applicants. 

Im speculating that it will be the last Monday (before Thanksgiving) and December 20th. This leaves an equal amount of time to review each group of applicants. Who really even knows? 

For those of you interviewing tomorrow- ask if they are notifying everyone at once or as they go. It feels like they might be transitioning to a “rolling” admissions and creating a larger waitlist limbo group.....maybe I’m looking too far into this. I just want in so badly 🥺

Edited by Kansas57

33 minutes ago, heyeng said:

I've worked on college admissions. This is not how rolling admissions works.

This is the first time they have actually attempted rolling admission it seems. I am unsure of why they did not send out three dates immediately as they did last year, but there will be a third date I assume coming up soon. They said Dec 15th was the last day they would email acceptance letter/ emails.

It's frustrating rushing to get your application in, have 3 interviews with other institutions with actual rolling admissions, and there is no communication. If I'm not going to get an interview tell me, I have a full time job that requires planning. So holding the cards and not being upfront is pretty aggravating. Especially when you factor in the 75 dollar supplemental fee... It's the most expensive school I've applied to and the least informative.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3