WSU 2019-2020 Application Cycle

Mine is for November 1st, so they are coming up quickly! I recommend buying a tips and tricks book!  'Physician assistant school interview guide' by Savanna Perry  is what I read last year and it was really helpful. This year I am currently reading 'How to Ace the Physician Assistant school interview by Andrew Rodican' and it has tons of helpful advice! Good luck to everyone and maybe see you on the 1st!

Got an email denying an interview. Stated I am qualified but not offered an interview spot. This is my first year applying and am unsure of where I lack competition. Any offers of advice for people that have been offered spots. I am going to add a small profile...

I am a 15 year paramedic (all full time paid)from Indiana (work in Louisville, KY) with a couple of years in clinical medicine as a sole provider in the Middle East.  I am an instructor in BLS, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, and Advanced Cardiac Life Support. I have a bachelors in Emergency Medical Care from Eastern Kentucky University with a chemistry minor and GPA of 3.6 general and 3.4 science. Also my oldest pre-req is four years old. 

4 minutes ago, GrittyMedic said:

Got an email denying an interview. Stated I am qualified but not offered an interview spot. This is my first year applying and am unsure of where I lack competition. Any offers of advice for people that have been offered spots. I am going to add a small profile...

I am a 15 year paramedic (all full time paid)from Indiana (work in Louisville, KY) with a couple of years in clinical medicine as a sole provider in the Middle East.  I am an instructor in BLS, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, and Advanced Cardiac Life Support. I have a bachelors in Emergency Medical Care from Eastern Kentucky University with a chemistry minor and GPA of 3.6 general and 3.4 science. Also my oldest pre-req is four years old. 

Volunteer service makes a big difference. Needs to be both medical and outside activities.

also, when did you receive your supplemental app? 

22 minutes ago, GrittyMedic said:

Sounds like you have amazing PCE! Just keep persevering! It can take some time. Volunteer, shadow PAs, have others critique essays, and keep pushing forward. Best wishes. 

I got rejection email as well! Luckily, I have been accepted somewhere else in my home state! Just because you didn't receive an interview doesn't mean you aren't going to be an amazing PA! They are just looking for a certain person which is okay. You want a school that believes in you and wants to invest in you! Wishing y'all the best of luck!

6 hours ago, PAstudent630 said:

I got rejection email as well! Luckily, I have been accepted somewhere else in my home state! Just because you didn't receive an interview doesn't mean you aren't going to be an amazing PA! They are just looking for a certain person which is okay. You want a school that believes in you and wants to invest in you! Wishing y'all the best of luck!

When did you submit your supplemental? I’m trying to gauge where they are in the process 

2 minutes ago, emccoskey said:

I submitted August 15 and still haven’t heard anything, so I’m a bit confused. When did you? 

I submitted my Caspa June 24th and then received / submitted the supplemental on aug 23rd. My guess is that we would be considered for the next date since they’re going in order of when they received your supplemental . 

8 minutes ago, Britt069 said:

I submitted my Caspa June 24th and then received / submitted the supplemental on aug 23rd. My guess is that we would be considered for the next date since they’re going in order of when they received your supplemental . 

It's not only by when you submitted your supplemental. I know someone who didn't even get a supplemental application sent to them until after September 1st and has an interview next week. 

I submitted mine three weeks before deadline. Apparently the ENTIRE application process is a money maker. Three friends of mine that have just passed the PANCE are amazed that we have to PAY for a supplemental application before being offered interviews. This entire process has made my decision to apply for Med school simpler. I was initially attracted to the PA-C profession as I naively believed that they respected and even coveted seasoned medical experience. It now seems that the desired candidates are fresh college grads with no experience. 

• Upvote 2