We will now "capture that charge..."........

On 6/18/2019 at 10:04 AM, Paula said:

If I had a patient come in to UC and ask for an order for an MRI for his neck for longstanding radiculopathy, I would order the MRI.  But I would send the order over to one of the Smart MRI companies that charges a much lesser cost to the MRI than what the standard corporate medicine facility charges.  

At least you might get a good PG score for helping them save money on the MRI.  Don't forget to send the results to the neurologist or neurosurgeon and their PCP!!)

I love getting the results for a test I didn't order.  I appreciate your patient advocacy, but thats not the way the game is played.  Don't order things then expect someone else to pick it up.  Even if it's the exact same thing I would order.

And if someone orders it under my name, I'll come down and break their fingers.  Then get them fired.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thinkertdm said:

I love getting the results for a test I didn't order.  I appreciate your patient advocacy, but thats not the way the game is played.  Don't order things then expect someone else to pick it up.  Even if it's the exact same thing I would order.

And if someone orders it under my name, I'll come down and break their fingers.  Then get them fired.

Yup.

And there in is the problem with ordering a ton of outside testing.  It never comes back when you are there and now the guy/gal on duty is forced to deal with it.  Rude doesn't begin to describe it.  A big no no in Urgent Care unless you want to piss off every other provider you work with.

Yea I have conversations frequently with patients and sometimes with my colleagues about send out tests. I have one in particular who likes to order stool studies for C. Diff. Last time I got the results for one I had the nurse call him on his cell while he was on vacation.

29 minutes ago, sas5814 said:

Yea I have conversations frequently with patients and sometimes with my colleagues about send out tests. I have one in particular who likes to order stool studies for C. Diff. Last time I got the results for one I had the nurse call him on his cell while he was on vacation.

ROFL I think you are my brother from another mother!  That is totally something I would do, haha.