New Mexico-University of Saint Francis Application Cycle 2019-2020

On 5/30/2019 at 8:32 AM, PAStudent2021 said:

Hi there,

I am a current student at USF and just wanted to wish you all good luck! If anyone has any questions about our program you can post them here and I will try my best to answer them for you!

I have heard that in the past St. Francis has had problems placing students into rotations. Do you feel like this is something to worry about? Also is it true that the next cohort will be doubling in size?

Interview: July 26

On 6/7/2019 at 11:11 AM, 75bulldog said:

I have heard that in the past St. Francis has had problems placing students into rotations. Do you feel like this is something to worry about? Also is it true that the next cohort will be doubling in size?

Interview: July 26

Hi! I honestly can’t answer a whole lot of questions about rotations, unfortunately. I’m sorry! I am a first-year student and still in the didactic portion, and we don’t actually meet with our rotation advisor until December to talk about placements! What I do know is this - just like many schools, it can be a stressful process. Some people get exactly what they want, and some people aren’t as happy. They try their best to work with you, though! My buddy in the class above me has a kid, and our advisor placed her in Albuquerque for every rotation so she could still be home. They also allow you to set up your own rotations with preceptors you know from home or from previous jobs if you can manage to do that. You are never NOT placed somewhere if that was your question, too. Regarding your question about the class size, I haven’t heard anything about that! That would really surprise me if they did. 

Edited by PAStudent2021

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2019 at 9:46 AM, PAStudent2021 said:

Hi! I honestly can’t answer a whole lot of questions about rotations, unfortunately. I’m sorry! I am a first-year student and still in the didactic portion, and we don’t actually meet with our rotation advisor until December to talk about placements! What I do know is this - just like many schools, it can be a stressful process. Some people get exactly what they want, and some people aren’t as happy. They try their best to work with you, though! My buddy in the class above me has a kid, and our advisor placed her in Albuquerque for every rotation so she could still be home. They also allow you to set up your own rotations with preceptors you know from home or from previous jobs if you can manage to do that. You are never NOT placed somewhere if that was your question, too. Regarding your question about the class size, I haven’t heard anything about that! That would really surprise me if they did. 

Can you elaborate more on the different clinical location sites that are offered through the program? I did a quick scan of the website, but USF doesn't seem to go into much detail about specifics

9 hours ago, shelbiemustang said:

Can you elaborate more on the different clinical location sites that are offered through the program? I did a quick scan of the website, but USF doesn't seem to go into much detail about specifics

Hi! I don’t know much. I do know there are recurring rotations in NM, CA, TX, and around Chicago. If you know past preceptors that are willing to take you though you can set up your own pretty much anywhere. 

On 7/24/2019 at 12:40 PM, pa5991 said:

got an interview invite today for August 30! 

any advice for the interview??? 

Congrats on the interview!  When did you submit your application? and do you mind letting us know your stats? I am about to submit, I know I am late but I had a tonne going on and wanted to make sure all is perfect.

On 7/19/2019 at 6:12 PM, alm97 said:

Interviewed with them on July 12th and was just notified today that I was placed on their wait list. Good luck to everyone!! 

Hey! I have an interview next month.  What was the interview like? Any tips?? 

Goodluck to you as well this cycle!!

On 7/26/2019 at 8:58 PM, pa5991 said:

Hey! I have an interview next month.  What was the interview like? Any tips?? 

Goodluck to you as well this cycle!!

It started with a group interview! For me there was four interviewees and three interviewers. They asked each interviewee different questions so you don't have to worry about fighting over answers(: Then we went to lunch before doing our one on one interviews with a faculty member and a current student. 

The group interview was the most intimidating part for me, but the best advice I can give is to try and just relax and answer each question truthfully. You're going to do great!! 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Gm1996 said:

@alm97 What was your opinion on the school and the faculty?

It's different than other schools since it is a very small facility, and only contains a PA program at that location, but I really liked the campus and all the faculty I met. We also had the opportunity to talk to current students at the program and they had nothing but good things to say about it.