Justinasyu

Any international PA or PA students out there?

I am from Taiwan, applying to PA school this year. 

Is there anyone here that's either a practicing PA or PA student that comes from outside of US, potentially a country that doesn't speak English? 

What helped you on your application that got you admitted to PA schools? And is there any PA schools that you would recommend for international students? 

I have around 1500 hours of patient contact, GPA of 3.97, and TOEFL score of 102 out of 120. 

Currently I am looking into schools in New York, Texas, and California, since they seem to have more opportunity for future employment as a bilingual provider (Chinese and English)

I appreciate any advice, thank you guys so much!!!

On 5/21/2019 at 10:26 AM, Justinasyu said:

I am from Taiwan, applying to PA school this year. 

Is there anyone here that's either a practicing PA or PA student that comes from outside of US, potentially a country that doesn't speak English? 

What helped you on your application that got you admitted to PA schools? And is there any PA schools that you would recommend for international students? 

I have around 1500 hours of patient contact, GPA of 3.97, and TOEFL score of 102 out of 120. 

Currently I am looking into schools in New York, Texas, and California, since they seem to have more opportunity for future employment as a bilingual provider (Chinese and English)

I appreciate any advice, thank you guys so much!!!

Hey JustinAsyu, I hope by this time, you would have had some luck on your application and some interviews! I am also an international student from Africa! I have applied to about 10 different schools from all over the U.S. I have an interview at Rutgers University so far and still waiting to hear back from the other schools. In my application, i was pretty honest about my desire for P.A and my determination to learn as much as i could. i think the fact that i am a diverse student also helps a lot, i beleive it will work well in your favor too if you spin it correctly and tie it in to your desirr for P.A! I wish you well haha 🙂 We internationals need to stick together 🙂 Let me know if you have any other questions

Hey,

I hope you guys got into PA school! I will be applying to a few schools next year. I was wondering if you have any idea about the chances of getting a job in the States after the program? For us, international students. Hope to hear back from you guys!