2019-2020 George Washington University

4 hours ago, nola122 said:

I'm in the same boat--no correspondence whatsoever from GW....rude

I'm sorry you didn't interview this year. I applied last year and also didn't interview. Aside from a few early acceptances, most acceptances, alternate lists, and rejections come out all at once at the very end of the process in December. I knew I was rejected after the last interview date came and went but still appreciated the professional courtesy of a formal rejection letter. I applied again and was fortunate to interview this year so now I'm waiting for their decision. I just checked the portal and noticed they removed last year's rejection letter so hopefully we're close! 

Hey all, Congrats to those who were accepted!! I received an email from GW today saying that "your application decision is now available to view in your online application." When I log in and look at my application, it says my application is under review. From the email I was assuming it was the rejection letter I was expecting from them, but can't find anything about it on their student portal. Is there somewhere else I should be looking? 

Thanks!!

25 minutes ago, pawrote said:

Hey all, Congrats to those who were accepted!! I received an email from GW today saying that "your application decision is now available to view in your online application." When I log in and look at my application, it says my application is under review. From the email I was assuming it was the rejection letter I was expecting from them, but can't find anything about it on their student portal. Is there somewhere else I should be looking? 

Thanks!!

hmm I'm not sure. Mine was on the front page of my portal! Maybe give it the day to show up and then reach out to them?

Guest jon1228
2 hours ago, pawrote said:

Thanks!!

I also received this email. I opened the portal from my phone and there is a button that says View Your Decision. I unfortunately was rejected but hope that's not the case for you!

Waitlisted here too. It's hard but it's really not over till it's over. On my interview day, the first year student panel said one of their classmates was pulled off the waitlist six days before class started.  Whew, I hope that person was local and didn't have to suddenly move! On the one hand, that's really difficult. On the other, it shows that they really do want to fill all class seats. You did your best and can't do any more so enjoy the holidays and take positive thoughts into the new year. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, jahri04 said:

Congrats! Did you also get an email or just the call?

Thanks! I received both, which was reassuring to me and anyone else who may be concerned about emails not going through, calls to the wrong number, or any other scenario! Can. Not. Wait. to finally get this show on the road in May!

I've been waitlisted both at GW and another school I really liked. I know for med schools, you can send in letters of update when you're waitlisted (informing them of any new work experience, volunteer hours, new letters of rec, etc.). Do PA schools like that? I haven't found much information on it on the internet, which leads me to believe it isn't common. Has anyone sent a letter of update or specifically asked any schools their thoughts on those letters?

• 4 weeks later...