Best gre book?

I completed the ETS GRE book (it's not that long) and parts of the Manhattan 5 Lb. Book of GRE Practice Problems (focus on this book, it is so helpful). ETS also offers two free practice exams online, which is a great way to familiarize yourself with the format of the exam. The ETS GRE book has a "math review" section of notes that is a bit excessive and not on the actual GRE, so don't worry too much about that. I recommend 1.5 to 2 months of studying. I focused on the quantitative section because that section is easier to improve on than verbal (in my opinion). I did not focus on memorizing words for verbal because there were just too many. I searched the 30 most common words and tried memorizing those. When it comes to verbal, try to do so well in the other questions of verbal that you won't have to worry about memorizing over 100 words

Edited by Potatolife

I followed one of the Magoosh study guides and I cannot recommend it enough! It was inexpensive compared to services like Kaplan and focuses much more time on completing practice problems instead of reading about how to complete problems. My score as well as my confidence increased significantly. If you are looking for specific books I loved the Manhattan 5lb Book for math prep and ETS GRE Verbal book for verbal prep.

• Upvote 1

I highly recommend the ETS 3 pack that contains subject books and practice test. I also recommend using the Magoosh Vocab app to get all those words down. Magoosh's online study materials were also great, I used them for a while because I could answer a few questions during downtime at work.

If you can only get one though, I'd stick with the three pack from ETS still. Good luck!