2019-2020 Application Cycle

On 11/25/2019 at 6:35 AM, SMullins said:

Is anyone  looking for a roommate in the Birmingham-area/moving to bham soon? I am currently looking for roommates in my house here in Birmingham and just wanted to see if anyone is in need of a place currently!! It’s in a wonderful community in Hoover about 15 min from UAB! Just thought I would try here first!

I’m not moving soon but I may be needing a place to stay during the week because I live An hour and 15 away. I’m interested! 

Is anyone else concerned about UAB out-of-state tuition costs (~$136k total)? When benchmarking vs other schools the out of state costs make UAB one of the most expensive schools nationally even including private schools... disappointed that my state dropped the academic common market deal this year 

On 11/21/2019 at 1:01 PM, paxander said:

Is there a guy named Luis Torres in your class? He apparently is the admin of a group that shares a name similar to last years group. UAB PA Class of 2022. I requested to join but have not been approved. I’m just curious if that is a legitimate group.

No he's not in our class so that's not an official page. We will send out an email to invite y'all to the official page once we get it made in the next couple of months. Also I think you were in my interview group! Congrats!

Hello everyone, I am a 2nd year at the UAB PA program. My roommate is leaving to be closer to his son. We have a 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom apartment about 15 minutes from campus at Lakeshore Ridge. The complex is safe, gated, has a nice pool, a great gym, and a very proactive property management team. Our apartment has a nice patio with a view of the forest, and a washer and dryer. There is a new Publix opening nearby and a Walmart just down the road. My roommate and I typically pay about $760 each including utilities etc per month. If you are interested, have any questions, or would like to see pictures, please send me a direct message. 

Edited by SKiev

On 11/27/2019 at 7:19 PM, Msar333 said:

Is anyone else concerned about UAB out-of-state tuition costs (~$136k total)? When benchmarking vs other schools the out of state costs make UAB one of the most expensive schools nationally even including private schools... disappointed that my state dropped the academic common market deal this year 

Yes I believe I will be attending another program based off UAB’s cost. It’s too expensive for me. Still contemplating but will more than likely be offering my spot up. It’s also more around 150k for out of state ...

If its helpful to anyone, I made tables before I applied this year to better compare program costs for myself. For UAB I included associated program costs in addition to tuition rates and estimated (based on other programs' costs) additional fees to plan for, which I was not able to find on UAB's website. I will attach it, as it could be helpful for you guys. Just keep in mind I created it for my own personal comparisons with information I could find at different locations on their website and included estimates helpful to myself (noted in table) and the table itself DID NOT originate from UAB PA. UABcosts.docx

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, firefight321 said:

Did they say it would be January before they would send out the emails about a waitlist or anything?

I think they are sending out invites until the class is filled, (Jan or until it’s filled) then they will send out waitlist and rejection lists. That’s all I know 

• 2 weeks later...