2019-2020 Application Cycle

8 hours ago, paxander said:

Just got an interview invite for Halloween!! Ooo scary! Haha. Yay! I'm so excited! This will be my second round and they are definitely my top choice! Good luck to everyone!

Same! Pretty excited! It’s a day before my birthday so hopefully it’s a good sign 🤞🏾🙏🏾

Switched my interview from 11/4 to 10/31! Yay! Second time interviewing with them. Changes from last year include more PA shadowing and working with a Primary Care PA and taking Graduate Courses such as Infectious Disease

Any advice you can share about your interview from last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys,
is anyone worried about the PANCE rate dropping to 86% for the 2018 class? I spoke to someone in the program and a majority of the professors left to start another program. Not sure if anyone had any feedback for the program as it stands now.

That was the graduation year they had 90+ students. Got some heat over such a large jump in class size. Dropped the size back down to 75 students.

36 minutes ago, jlthornt said:

That was the graduation year they had 90+ students. Got some heat over such a large jump in class size. Dropped the size back down to 75 students.

I interviewed recently at another program that had a very similar drop in their PANCE scores as well. The program director addressed this. He said something along the lines that PANCE changed something about the test and put out a statement regarding the drop in scores. Apparently that happened across the board at many programs. I would not worry too much. Don't quote me on this but it would be something to look into!

On 10/4/2019 at 8:48 AM, jlthornt said:

The class of 2018 had 88 students, 87 took the PANCE and the class of 2019 dropped to 80 students.

The class of 2018 had 88 students, 87 took the PANCE and the class of 2019 dropped to 80 students.

Those numbers actually reflect the number of students that graduated and went on to take PANCE. Original class was over 90. One failed out, i am unsure of the status of the others and why they didn’t graduate. Was just a few over 90. I don’t recall the exact number my friend from that class quoted me.

I interviewed recently at another program that had a very similar drop in their PANCE scores as well. The program director addressed this. He said something along the lines that PANCE changed something about the test and put out a statement regarding the drop in scores. Apparently that happened across the board at many programs. I would not worry too much. Don't quote me on this but it would be something to look into!

Did that program indicate this would be possible for only 2018 results? Curious if it’s just that year if you know. Thanks!