2019-2020 Application Cycle

On 4/28/2019 at 12:24 AM, rachelm1031 said:

Has anyone started the supplemental/know if there are any essays?

I am currently working on supp. There are short answer questions with a 200 character limit. The character limit is what is slowing me down! I can't seem to say everything I want with so little characters. 

On 5/6/2019 at 10:55 PM, junebug said:

I am currently working on supp. There are short answer questions with a 200 character limit. The character limit is what is slowing me down! I can't seem to say everything I want with so little characters. 

Update: got an email from UAB saying that the 200 character limit is supposed to be 200 WORD limit! Big difference lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 1:29 PM, surflife9010 said:

Hey everyone. First time applying to this program. Waiting on letters of rec to pull through and submitting to CASPA. So where is everyone from ? Anyone else from Florida like me planning on taking advantage of the Academic Common Market? 

I am applying and I am from Texas! I have family in Alabama though. Best of luck everyone! 

• Like 1

I just submitted my supplemental but I'm reading the "home" tab on CASPA for UAB and it says to "Please submit the completed UAB PA Supplemental Application , including the Order ID Number, electronically to the following email address: askcds@uab.edu." 

Did anyone email them or by completing the supplemental via the link will suffice? thanks and good lukc everyone! 🙂

12 hours ago, whitesocks said:

I just submitted my supplemental but I'm reading the "home" tab on CASPA for UAB and it says to "Please submit the completed UAB PA Supplemental Application , including the Order ID Number, electronically to the following email address: askcds@uab.edu." 

Did anyone email them or by completing the supplemental via the link will suffice? thanks and good lukc everyone! 🙂

I am wondering the same thing. I just emailed to ask. I wasn't given the option to email the completed application. 

35 minutes ago, mckennap said:

I am wondering the same thing. I just emailed to ask. I wasn't given the option to email the completed application. 

Just received an email back from them. If you submitted your fee and completed the supplemental through the link, you do not need to email them anything. The directions were incorrect on CASPA. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/1/2019 at 1:29 PM, surflife9010 said:

Hey everyone. First time applying to this program. Waiting on letters of rec to pull through and submitting to CASPA. So where is everyone from ? Anyone else from Florida like me planning on taking advantage of the Academic Common Market? 

I’m from Alabama. Interviewed in November last year but didn’t get in. It’s insanely competitive. Spoke with another candidate while there and he was on interview #3 with them. Good luck!

From Nashville, TN and very much agree with @jlthornt about the competitiveness. I also interviewed in November! The interview vibe could not have been more perfect, however. Very intimate interview setting and very welcoming. The big thing that threw me off guard is that they take ALL applicants pictures at the beginning, but it made it nerve-wracking because it felt awkward and we were all in single file line.. not expecting it! That's all! ha Here's to being a two-timer!!

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 11:46 AM, jlthornt said:

I’m from Alabama. Interviewed in November last year but didn’t get in. It’s insanely competitive. Spoke with another candidate while there and he was on interview #3 with them. Good luck!

Hey, I'm also from Alabama. What part are you from? How funny, I have a friend that finally got in at UAB and this was her fifth year to apply for PA Programs! She definitely deserves it after waiting so long!

2 hours ago, quieroserestudiante said:

Hey, I'm also from Alabama. What part are you from? How funny, I have a friend that finally got in at UAB and this was her fifth year to apply for PA Programs! She definitely deserves it after waiting so long!

Definitely a hard earned acceptance for her. I may have even talked with her during interviews! This will be my fourth time so hoping my hard work and perseverance pays off this year. And I'm originally from Huntsville but live in Birmingham and have been here since undergrad. How about you?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ishinigami

Does anyone know how the interview process is for UAB? Is there an Essay or a group project or anything in addition to the interview? Trying to prepare myself.

Does anyone know how the interview process is for UAB? Is there an Essay or a group project or anything in addition to the interview? Trying to prepare myself.

There is a writing portion you complete with the group you are in. My interview day last year we were divided into three groups with stayed with for the tour, writing portion, and interviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have already submitted my application (5/31) and was curious to get everyone’s opinion about retaking gre and updating scores. I made above a 300 on the gre but scored only 145 in quant. I have a good gpa (3.67) and 2000+ pce hours, but I am worried doing low in one section will keep me from getting interviews, even if I did very well in verbal (157). Should I retake it and try to do better? Will schools see the updated gre scores before reviewing my application? 

As a second time applicant for UAB I can tell you that they don’t place a ton of emphasis on the GRE. I think your scores are completely fine for them. My quant was much lower and when I went to review how I could become more competitive they didn’t bring it up. I heard they may do away with that aspect in the future. You can always contact Heather Hallman (who has replaced Bill Drace as the admissions director). She’s great at looking over apps and returning emails quickly. Hope this helps! 

• Like 1

Guest ishinigami
On 6/23/2019 at 11:00 AM, jlthornt said:

There is a writing portion you complete with the group you are in. My interview day last year we were divided into three groups with stayed with for the tour, writing portion, and interviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So is it a group interview, too?