PA visits

52 minutes ago, sandys1 said:

I need to find out if there is a law that states a PA can only see patients in a medical office after they are established by a Doctor?  Also, is there a time frame that a PA can see a patient before a Doctor has to see them in a follow up visit?  

this already is ALLOWED in many states. State dependent. Next step would be allow PA's to establish their own. Np's can already do that and does it and hire us PA's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yikes

58 minutes ago, sandys1 said:

I need to find out if there is a law that states a PA can only see patients in a medical office after they are established by a Doctor?  Also, is there a time frame that a PA can see a patient before a Doctor has to see them in a follow up visit?  

Google (your state) physician assistant laws.

Easy.  You will find a boat load of information about specific laws, especially if you are wondering about the legality of seeing a pa vs an MD.  I would also Google similar laws regarding np's.

If you want to see an MD, ask for this when you make your appointment.  

This also demonstrates the need for a verified section.

It is highly unlikely, though not impossible, that no such rule exists. Our entire system followed such a guideline and it cost them millions all because 1 physician in administration said it was the law and nobody double checked. I did. It didn't. Rule doesn't exist anymore.

In one state (I forget which) md's would see for the first visit, or need to see every three or something like that.  Those rules tend to change with the seasons and may be facility specific.

Personally, in the four states I've worked, there were no specific rules, but sometimes patients thought there was an MD waiting in a back room in case they snapped their fingers and wanted an md. 

Archived