FAILED PANCE twice including 2019 edition

Hey PA world

I am attempting to connect with others who failed the PANCE! After failing, it is SO hard to get your confidence back. 

Anyone have any recommendations for a test bank that is the MOST similar to PANCE questions? I did over 3000+ exam master questions prior to failing for my second time and passed with 70% in all categories. It def did not prepare me for the PANCE. 

Also, considering doing Kaplan or CME4life. 

any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

THANK YOU! 

p.s. if you've also failed and want to share strategies, feel free to email me!!! hope.ellen26@gmail.com

Edited by ellenUSFPA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 1:19 AM, ellenUSFPA said:

Hey PA world

I am attempting to connect with others who failed the PANCE! After failing, it is SO hard to get your confidence back. 

Anyone have any recommendations for a test bank that is the MOST similar to PANCE questions? I did over 3000+ exam master questions prior to failing for my second time and passed with 70% in all categories. It def did not prepare me for the PANCE. 

Also, considering doing Kaplan or CME4life. 

any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

THANK YOU! 

p.s. if you've also failed and want to share strategies, feel free to email me!!! hope.ellen26@gmail.com

Try rosh review... Excellent.  Also watch youtube videos ie Khan Academy,  med cram. 

If you've failed it twice and done all those test questions without finding area(s) that you need to review in detail, I wonder if you have test-taking/test anxiety problems, as opposed to just needing to study even more.

I've not failed a PANCE or PANRE but can understand why there would be a lot of emotion tied up in taking it. You can only take it every so often and the result means a lot to your future. You also talk about issues of confidence. While understandable, you just can't carry all that baggage into the exam room and expect to do your best.

If you're still anywhere near your program -- or another college that you attended -- you might talk with their student resources department and see if they have any ideas on how to address test-taking and test anxiety.

Good luck: you will get past this, but it's going to take some effort.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you only doing questions? If so that is the problem. I failed the first time because all I did was questions and a light review. The second time I used Rutgers review course and Pance Prep Pearls to study. I did use Rosh review for supplemental questions. 

CME 4 Life has a review course online as well. I found the Rutgers review to be more comprehensive, but the CME4Life was great for supplemental. I just wouldn't use it alone.

PANCE PREP PEARLS is the bible. Study it cover to cover. Make note cards. If you only had one this to use to review that you could afford. I would say use that.

I did all of that 8-5 almost every day for 11 weeks.

My score improved over 200 points! You can do it!! Good luck

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

How did you fair on your PACKRATs? Were the results comparable or differing?

As other have said, perhaps it is a study habit issue or anxiety issue. Consider diversifying your tactics.

I'll second the Pance Prep Pearls being the bible. It is a great resource for didactic, clinical year, and I am sure in practice.