Progressive Emergency Physicians Residency in Long Island, NY

Anyone familiar with the Progressive Emergency Physicians Residency for PAs? I was perusing indeed and came across this. Not much info on the site beside filling out your contact information. The Indeed post said there's a 100K yearly stipend along with benefits, which sounds great for a residency!

I'm not familiar with the program but out of curiosity I tracked down the post on indeed.com. I would be very surprised if the salary was really $100,000 per year. It says the program is 18 months and I suspect it's a $100,000 stipend distributed over the entire length of the program. That would put you around $65,000 per year, which is on par with what other residencies are paying, especially when you consider the COL in NY. I would contact them to verify this. 

This link may work:

https://www.indeed.com/q-Emergency-Medicine-Physician-Assistant-l-Long-Island,-NY-jobs.html?vjk=f48096a90c7df303

Or, just google search 'long island progressive emergency PA".

100k yearly, 18 months, protected didactic time (allegedly), 'rotations' in different sections of the ED including obs unit.

Don't know anything about it, aside from the ad.

18 minutes ago, EndBulbsOfMouse said:

For a good experience, you need true “off service” rotations: ortho, radiology/ultrasound, trauma, micu, sicu, cards, etc etc.   I wouldn’t go to a place that just uses you as cheap labor in the ED all the time.   If they are just using you in the ED, that’s not much better than just getting on the job training.  

agree. "all areas of the ED" means you do scut work for low pay it lots of parts of the ED without ever doing rotations in trauma, anesthesiology, u/s, ICU, etc. That is NOT a residency.

2 hours ago, charlottew said:

This link may work:

https://www.indeed.com/q-Emergency-Medicine-Physician-Assistant-l-Long-Island,-NY-jobs.html?vjk=f48096a90c7df303

Or, just google search 'long island progressive emergency PA".

100k yearly, 18 months, protected didactic time (allegedly), 'rotations' in different sections of the ED including obs unit.

Don't know anything about it, aside from the ad.

not impressed. avoid this blatant attempt at hiring new grad PAs and paying them less than the going rate.

Looks like the program has been active since 2015. If you're serious about applying, I would make every attempt to track down other PA's who have completed the program and ask for their honest feedback. If you can't find them on LinkedIn, email the residency director and ask him/her to put you in touch. If you're in the area, see if you can shadow a resident for a day. These are some of the most helpful things I've done throughout the residency application process in order to make informed decisions along the way. Good luck! 

Hello, I am from long island and I have rotated in hospitals offering this program and I knew the "residents" in them. they were typically in fast track, and once in a while in main from what I saw

this company typically staffs Catholic health services hospitals and from what ive been told, the pay is 40 an hour, and 18 months long. there are apparently formal lecture components that are mandatory and paid for I believe once a week.

otherwise I dont believe it was a good offer compared to other ER positions in the NYC area

Archived