5 years of job reference letters for new license....?

This is somewhat ridiculous.  The Colorado state license requires 5 years of reference letters from every place I have worked during that time frame lol.  One of the places is no longer in business.  Good grief, that is quite the hoop.  Not to mention, not every employer is "happy" when you move on.  Getting a letter of reference from some employers is just not going to happen.  Has anyone had to go through this where they could not secure said LOR?  If so, what was the outcome.  

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2018 at 12:38 PM, Cideous said:

This is somewhat ridiculous.  The Colorado state license requires 5 years of reference letters from every place I have worked during that time frame lol.  One of the places is no longer in business.  Good grief, that is quite the hoop.  Not to mention, not every employer is "happy" when you move on.  Getting a letter of reference from some employers is just not going to happen.  Has anyone had to go through this where they could not secure said LOR?  If so, what was the outcome.  

Thanks!

I just went through this whole ordeal. The guidelines for the LOR were stringent; I had to resubmit one letter several times for various reasons.

Hopefully you get lucky with your DORA worker. I did not, and she was awful. She would take weeks to respond to me, only to tell me the same information she had told me previously, or that she had not received faxed information (faxed several times with confirmation of receipt per our machine). She was very inflexible and a total PITA. F*** DORA.

Archived