Take PANCE prior to graduating

Is it possible to take the PANCE prior to finishing a PA program? Heard it from someone but would like to confirm

You need to wait 7 or 10 days (cannot remember) from the last day of your program before you can take the PANCE. You will not be allowed to apply to be able to sit for the PANCE until 90 days before that date. There literally isn't a link that you can click on once you sign into the NCCPA website until that time period. So no, you cannot sit for the PANCE until a set amount of time after your last official program date.

You need to wait 7 or 10 days (cannot remember) from the last day of your program before you can take the PANCE. You will not be allowed to apply to be able to sit for the PANCE until 90 days before that date. There literally isn't a link that you can click on once you sign into the NCCPA website until that time period. So no, you cannot sit for the PANCE until a set amount of time after your last official program date.

yep...this is right. only way i think you can get around it is if your program sends a letter to nccpa listing your graduation date as earlier than it really is...which i doubt they will do :)

When I was in school and it was only offered twice a year, students with a May/Jnune graduation used to be able to take it in April. No more...

yup, I remember...and it was a week long exam then as well: separate exams in core medical knowledge, primary care, surgery, and 3 proctored physical exams...they got rid of the physical exams "to be more like physicians" but when the docs added a practical to step 2 of usmle we didn't add it back in.

Archived