Interview rejection?

Hi everyone,

I was just curious if a school isn't going to offer you an interview, do they inform you right away or wait until all of their invites are already sent out? I haven't heard back from anyone yet and it's been awhile so I'm getting nervous I won't hear until December or January if I've been rejected.

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, cmready97 said:

Hi everyone,

I was just curious if a school isn't going to offer you an interview, do they inform you right away or wait until all of their invites are already sent out? I haven't heard back from anyone yet and it's been awhile so I'm getting nervous I won't hear until December or January if I've been rejected.

Thanks!

It depends on the school.

2 hours ago, Cadapter said:

I was declined an interview 2 months after applying. I assume schools will be quick to reject if you miss any initial requirements but may take longer after a good review of your application. 

That's pretty much the case. We triage our applications. "No" to people that don't meet the standards. "Yes" to people who look great on paper. "Waitlist" (for possible later interview) to people in the middle.

20 minutes ago, UGoLong said:

That's pretty much the case. We triage our applications. "No" to people that don't meet the standards. "Yes" to people who look great on paper. "Waitlist" (for possible later interview) to people in the middle.

Thanks UGoLong! I have been wondering if that is how it works. I have yet to hear from 8 of the 12 schools I applied to and I know at least 4 of those schools have started reviewing applications already. This gives me some hope!

Thanks UGoLong! I have been wondering if that is how it works. I have yet to hear from 8 of the 12 schools I applied to and I know at least 4 of those schools have started reviewing applications already. This gives me some hope!

Yes, it’s a process. Lots of applications being read by faculty members who are teaching at the same time. Be patient and the best of luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, UGoLong said:

Yes, it’s a process. Lots of applications being read by faculty members who are teaching at the same time. Be patient and the best of luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't even imagine how many application all of you faculty members have to go through! Good luck to you and everybody working with you as well. I'm sure this is a stressful time for the faculty too!

Archived